Day 1 of the 'start

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob LaMoy

Reaction score
Well, it was an "interesting" day to say the least. Buzz's pro had his hydraulic steering go out and they spent 5 hours trying to fix it. He still boated a limit and over 8 lbs. Poor Pete had a rough day and is in 117th, I boated 15.8 and am tied for 28th. If I do it again tomorrow I will make the cut. 19 lbs was biggest bag and lunker was 6 lbs. The lake was ROUGH as usual. Lots of breakdowns. All my bigger fish came after noon. I was boat 152 out and it worked to my advantage as my bite turned on late. I am out early tomorrow but the wind doesn't look like it will be right. Anyhow, wish us luck again guys. Oh, ALWAYS check your gas before leaving in rough water. I knew I was low, but in the short run from weigh to where I launched I ran out of gas and when the motor stalled I took a 4 footer over the bow and completely filled my boat with water. Must have been 300 gallons in there. Scrambled and bilged and got on the bow to keep the other waves from taking me from behind. Finally got a tow in. I'll do my best to post tomorrow night, but we're all very busy. Gotta go hit Dick's for some more spinnerbaits those stoopit pike took! LOL And gotta respool and help Pete reattach his cap to the hull and his cowling. Another fun tourney on Champlain.

Good Luck dude,...one question though,...don't you ALWAYS check your gas BEFORE a tournament???...Doh!!!!...ya schmeckle!!! LOL How stooopit would you feel if you would've had 25lbs,...a 6lb lead,...and you got dq'd for being late!!! Now hit the gas pumps and go get that 25lbs!!

Ran out of GAS??!!!!! Dude your killing me. What did your non-boater say??

Looks like day two is being called due to high winds....Tough break Rob, Don't dwell on what might have been, just what is to come........

Just think Rob, at least $1200 is enough to hire a plumber. You could have got nothing :eek:)

Rob,

Tough break with the weather, but you still did good!

Rich D

Yes you did!!..Good job!!.....Now go fill your boat with gas and get the leaks fixed in the basement!! LOL

My tank WAS full in the morning. I ran all day and didn't have time to fill up on the water. And I should have had more gas. My gauge read empty, but there is usually another good 10 gallons left. Sumpin ain't right cause the Ranger spec page says my tank is 40 gallons, but it only took 28 to fill it. The rep thinks I have a bubble or bad breather valve or something. Anyway, now I know. We made the weigh in, I didn't run out until after weigh in on my way back to the launch I used down the road. The real bummer is that I lost a 4+ lb smallie at the NET yesterday that would have put me over 17 lbs and I would have been fishing tomorrow. Oh well, a buddy of mine was in 3rd or 4th from VT and I gave him my largemouth spot that has tons of big fish on it. I hope he wins. Did see a 929 blow a HUGE hole in the side yesterday. Another local guide I know runs his boat hard and must have hit something cause when he came in, you could SEE his rods in the rod locker thru the side of the hull. A 14-16" deep and 4' long hole with NO material left, right on the passenger side. Another guy had had a loose bolt mounting his opti on the back of a 520. The opti now rests in the bottom or 175' of water. Another guy also lost his motor. There were lots of break downs yesterday and today was worse. Hey Mac, Mini, I don't recall them cancelling on St Clair for wind! LOL Pete fished that and tore up his boat there, but said the WAY Champlain chops us makes it impossible to run in rough water. The Green mtns of VT and the Adirondacks of NY form a wind tunnel and south winds make from P'burgh north like the south shore of Erie with a north wind. Anyhow, I'll try to post a fishing aspect recap tomorrow. Thanks for the support guys. I'm gonna nail one of these done one of these days.

Folks,

I have to tell everybody what a great guy Rob is... This is serious...

A while back I learned that Pete Sagartz (The Pete Rob talks about above) a member of my "home" BASS Federation Club (North Shore Bass... www.nsbass.com... a great club), a 21 year old very nice guy was headed to PLattsburgh to fish the Everstart... I asked Rob if he could give him a little help... He has... I want everyone to know what a great guy Rob is... He is helping out a competitor, a total stranger, save for my introduction to him... That is a real stand up guy and a credit to this "group"... Thanks Rob you are a very "good guy" for doing what you have done...

Rob,

Congrats on cashing a check. Bummer that the wind/waves didn't co-operate on Thursday. I know the guy that lost the motor off of the Ranger, he is in our bass club. I guess he'll be fishing as a non-boater in our club championship next weekend!!

Bob G.

For the record I didn't limit out, I managed to catch 4 fish, spent 5 hours either drifting or trying to fix the hydraulic steering, and managed to blow the transmission on my truck on Friday, and great weekend all in all.

Buzz

I knew something sounded off in your truck. Too bad it was the tranny though.

Latest posts

Back