Cop & Bobbers / Kentucky Sheriff's Ranch.

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Staci Matheis

Reaction score
I just got this note regarding the "Cops & Bobbers"

program at Kentucky Lake..... It would appear that I have somehow or other combined two programs in my head - theirs and the Kentucky Sheriff's Ranch..... That sorta thing happens when you get old..... With your permission, I would like to modify our program to say that we are donating to the Kentucky Sheriff's Ranch rather than the Cops & Bobbers program. Both are very worthy organizations - but it would appear the the Cops have bagged their quota of sponsors! (Just kidding, Officer! Now, please, can I continue on my way..... Cuffs? B-b-b-b-ut.....)

Dear Webmaster,

I am the tournament coordinator for the Cops and Bobbers Fishing Tournament which is held each year at Moors Resort. Your interest in our program was brought to my attention yesterday during this year's event. It is always nice to see others take an interest in helping our young people. Some of the information on your website appears to be inaccurate, and I need to clarify it. The tournament is not affiliated with the Kentucky Sheriff's Boys and Girls Ranch. It is a program sponsored by The Fraternal Order of Police, Jackson Purchase Lodge 15 in Paducah, KY. Our tournament is co-sponsored by several organizations, including Ronald McDonald House Charities, Dunn's Sporting Goods of Paducah, Moors Resort, Ranger Boats, Shakespeare Rods and Reels, FLW Outdoors and several regional companies.

Our event is unique when compared to most children's fishing tournaments. We not only take the children fishing, we arrange for each officer and child to have a "guide" for the day. The service is provided by volunteer anglers who take the officers and children out in their personal boats and provide experienced guidance for the event. We use donations to provide tackle to the children that they are allowed to keep each year, in hopes that they will enjoy the sport as we do. Hopefully, the exposure to a positive recreational activity will keep tem out of trouble as they grow older.

Again, we always appreciate interest in our program. I wanted to take this opportunity to clarify some information so that you may correct your site for your members. Questions and correspondence concerning the event should be directed to me at the address below. In addition to being a law enforcement officer, I am also an avid bass fisherman and look forward to your organization's visit to Kentucky Lake.

Sincerely,

Sgt. John Parks

McCracken County Sheriff's Department

301 South 6th St.

Paducah, KY 42003

Latest posts

Back