Congrats to Mac and Neeley!!!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mini

Reaction score
Big congrats to my buddies Mac and neeley for their win in the "Little Bill Trophies" 3rd event of the KD Outdoors/Lunch Money Lures Cash for Bass Tournament Series on Lake St Clair last Saturday. They bested a field of hearly 40 boats of some of the best fisherman in the state/region by weighing in 21lbs 14ozs to win by a tie breaker (big bass weight). Second place big bass was mere ounces from taking the title. I (Mini and Darren Lear) was lucky enough to take third place with 21lbs 10ozs and actually there was a tie for 3rd and 4th place but we won tie breaker with our big bass weighing an ounce heavier (4lb 14oz vs 4lb 13oz) over Todd Glover and Brian Ward.

3 of the top 4 teams were fishing the same "area" (big wide expansive flat in 15 feet of water).

You guys did good! And dont forget Mac...lunch for a week!!!!! :)

So ladies and gents you see why you weigh your big bass ALWAYS and who would have thunk that 4 ounces would separate 4 teams.....in my case those 4 ounces made a $1400 swing in prize money.....by far this circuit has the best payout in the area. they even give away "Wildcard money" to teams via random draw for just showing up.

Keep up the good work Ken and Mac!!!! I am proud of you guys!

Mini

Thanks Mini,..but you played a far bigger roll in that win than you give yourself credit for. I can't thank you enough for the tips, baits, advice, rides, and who knows what else over the past 11 years. I've learned more about that lake and how to fish it from you than anybody else and it finally paid off!! It was a long time coming, that's for sure, but it really did feel good to FINALLY beat the likes of Dobber, Glover, Prisbe, Ward, Koehler, Emery, etc..etc.. and YOU!!!..LOL:wub:

You are the man and I'm a lot better fisherman because of it! As soon as I get the research vessel back, I'm taking you out and we're gonna go beat up EVERYBODY else's chit!! :lol::p

Thanks again....

Mac

No prob brother. You dont need to pay me back except on lunch! :)

I am looking up new trim relays. I think thats the reason you won! By not fishing for an hour and messing with them, plus having a stuck trim down all day slowed my boat down....lol

You forgot Modrak, McCulla, Greene, Trombley, etc.

Folks, most if not all of those names have enjoyed success at higher than local competition. We have some awesome sticks in this neck of the country and Mac and Neeley topped them all! (not by much....lol)

I'm just bummed out there were no camera's there,...geeez, I sure would've liked to have a pix of those (2)5 lbrs!! Owell.......maybe THIS weekend! ahahaahha

You have enough pics of 5 pounders! You need some with 6 pounders!!!

Congrats bro....really nice finish. Being that close only makes it sweeter. You are a good stick and always have been. I've got the tournament bug again myself after winning a few in Florida. Nothing like taking the grand prize. And let's not forget Ken either, he was probably fishing his double fluke slimy zinger with recoil and 6 staples in the tail.

TOXIC

Sho was,.....we had a blast!! Gonna do it again this weekend hopefully!!;) I can't wait to get my boat back....hopefully Friday (I'm probably looking at Monday though!!) so I can get out and run around on my own and find some more areas to check out. This incredible weather isn't going to last much longer,...I want to take major advantage of it!! Plus,..my daughter Jamie wants to catch a toad smallie...it's time to get that done!!:rolleyes:

Mac...we can take Jamie out on Synday in my boat if you want :)

Dude,...she would be SOOO fired up...I'll ask her if she's available and I'll get back to ya!;)

Thanx all for the kudos, and thanx to Mini as well. We had a blast, and we're gearing up to do it again Saturday.

Latest posts

Back