Coming to a stop.....750DC New to me.....

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Berry Lindley

Reaction score
I just took her out for the first time for about 5 minutes, and handling seems a little weird. I've owned several boats before but never quite have had this before. Maybe it is how the newer hulls are designed. When I came off plane down to idle, the rear end was squatting down quite a bit, and water filled the splashwell up completely. It was enough where some water passed through the cable passage. Do I need to trim the front end down on this rig before coming to a stop, or is this just the deal here? It also seemed a little light on the water as compared to my old Procraft. It looks like it is going to take getting used to.....

I would trim the front end down and come slowly to a stop. Antther thing you can do is acter the boat settle in jive it a litte throttle to "outrun" the wake that will swamp the back. The reason the rear squats, its because most of the weight of the gas tank being back there. My 882 does the same thing as did my old champion. Actually the champion if i just cut the throttle the wave would crash over the deek onto the seats and soak my back.

Berry,I have the same rig with a merc115,and it does the same thing.When I shut down I trim down and let off the throttle,and like Jim said,goose the throttle a little after you are slowed,and you won't take any water on.

Same with my 170 DC. Outrun the backwash with a goose of the throttle. I do it automaticaly with out thinking now.

fatrap

That kind of stuff "NEVER" happens to tin boats... must be defective sparkles...:(;)

Trim it down when you come off plane and cut a 90 degree turn before the wake gets to you.

I had the same issue on my 750. Another option is to come down slower while trimming down at the same time. You will get the hang of it.

Mark

Greg,

It does. I seem to remember a changge that had to be made to the TV-18.....it would fill the splashwell and the bilge.

All boats should be stopped slowly or at least "goose" the throttle to outrun the wake....

Mini

Mini...

Not mine... The splashwell "wall" is even with the gunwales... ANything that comes over that probably qualifies as a "Tsunami"...;)

Back