cleaning HB sonar screen

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brantley moats

Reaction score
What is best way to clean the screen on a HB 998 c SI to ensure not damaging the coating?

Thanks,

Brantley

Get a screen protector. There are protectors out there made specifically for that make and model. I have one for my 798 model, I've had it for two years and haven't had to change it yet. I just use a homemade vinegar/water solution to clean it.

NJD

I use the blue transparent bottle "Monster Screen Clean" on all of my electronics - Boat electronics screens, LCD and Plasma TV screens, computer screens, etc... It's made for it. Works great.
All the best,
Glenn

I use the same stuff as Glenn with a microfiber cloth.

I also have a Zaag screen protector for both of mine. They have a really tough protector that will prevent it from ever getting scratched.

From the Humminbird web site FAQ pages:
What products can be used to clean my display?
Humminbird recommends using Windex® Vinegar Multi Surface(in the spray bottle).Do NOT use any wipes products (which can also be available as the brand name Windex Multi-Task).
The lens contains a special coating which improves visibility. It is recommend to use the above cleaner because we have tested and proved this cleaner. It does not deteriorate the coatings on the lens.
http://www.humminbird.com/FAQ.aspx?ContentId=1833

Always nice when the answer comes from the maker (Humminbird, in this case, rather than the man upstairs). Thanks for being here, Greg!

Latest posts

Back