Charger

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin B.

Reaction score
Hi, first time posting. Been lerking in the shadows and this is great.I'm a first time boat owner, and want to by a onboard charger. I've looked in the BPS book and all the choices are driving me nuts. Any help would be great. Thanks. Kevin

Kevin -

Just do what the rest of us do - buy a Guest!

Their products and customer service are second to none!

For a weekend fisherman, 5 amps per trolling motor battery is sufficient plus a connection for your cranking battery. (Your big motor has a charging system built in for the cranking battery.)

I see that you've got a Nitro 180/150 Merc! I had a 180 with a 115 Merc - wish I had had your motor!

If you've got just one trolling battery, the Guest 2611 should do the trick nicely; if you've got two trolling batteries, go for the Guest 2613.

me!

P.S.

They have a banner that regularly appears at the top of the page. Click on it and you'll be taken to their website.

Here's what happened to my BPS charger. The boat was just sitting in the driveway and the charger was not even plugged in when this happened. Get a Guest!
charger1.jpg

Kevin one word GUEST. Welcome to the board. What are you using it for 1,2, or 3 batteries will determend what size of a GUEST you will need.Don't worry when these Nitro people wake up you will get a lot of info !!

No offense to the large amount of Guest fans out there but I have a Dual Pro three bank that came with my Nitro and the unit and their warranty have been exceptional.My first unit went bad, I called gave the serial number and my address and it was there in three days UPS no questions asked no cost incurred. This is their policy for three years from what I understand. I was both elated and impressed for this day and age. Seems like everybodys always looking to find a way to wiggle out of a guarantee nowadays.

Just like the rest of the folks here... I have had excellent services from GUEST... I am a tournament fisherman and have to depend on the charger on multiday tournaments. I have never been disappointed... And, after you hang out here for a while you will see and meet Sue D. Then you will know why they have the best customer service on this planet. And, that is no brag, just fact.

Hi, they dont list this charger(Guest 2613) on the list by Guest on the banner. Cant seem to find it, but I'm new to all this, I might be missing somthing. Thanks for the help.

No offense Bassyankee but customer service is something you hope you don't ever have to find out about. My GUEST has been flawless since the day I installed it. I know for a fact that Sue and GUEST have the best CS in the charger industry and I have a sneaking suspicion that I will never get to find out first hand and that is a good thing!! Glad you got yours replaced.

TOXIC

LOL!! That's what I get for looking in Guest's 2004 catalog!

Call Sue D at Guest on Monday, she'll get you all set up!

888-483-7865 ext. 135.

P.S.

The 2613 was what I had on my last boat - a 1996 Nitro 2000DC/200 Merc and 24V trolling system. It worked perfectly! I could fish all day Saturday, go home and plug in the charger and then fish again all day Sunday with all the battery power I could use.

Oh, yeah.....

I almost forgot.....

When you talk to Sue, be sure to ask her for a Guest decal for the side of your boat.....

It helps attract REALLY big fish like this one caught by Michael Trepper!

Works even better than a "Ranger" decal!
2004%20April%20Rally%20big%20fish%20in%20boat4%20for%20web.jpg

Thanks me, I will do that first thing Monday morning. And I wont forget the decal,I need all the help I can get. Thanks again, I'm glad I found this site it's been great.

Well.....

If you're gonna stick around.....

You're gonna have to learn to bow.....

To Michael "King Tin" Trepper!

:)

Latest posts

Back