Carlos

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Hammer TOXIC

Reaction score
I'll be off line tonight, goig to meet some of the boys but I will be back on later, I am going to Anna tomorrow to check out my rig.....You in?

TOXIC

Naaww.. I am going to go local. More liek Stripers or crappie, maybe even both! I can run and get em both from Aquia.

I know, you just do not want to be in a (edit) boat :)

Carlos

Ok, so I won't go and you'll clean up!!LOL!! I'm gonna go downlake on Anna to some warm water spots and see if I can't yank on some green fish. Valentines cove outta be good, I know of a dock with a fish feeder that ALWAYS holds fish!!LOL!! If I want crappie, I've got the grocery store lake right up the street. I've got them cornered up there. I've got the same itch, I have GOT to fun my boat some. I'll be carting in some fuel for her also!!

TOXIC

thanks Ken,

YOU are always welcome in my (edit) boat HAHAHAHAAH

Tox, good luck, and do not forget. Does not count without pics!

Boy oh boy....we've got some NIIIIICE pic's of Tox!!!

MVM Rules ;)

Mac and I were in Tox's house, at night, while he was sleeping....we did some prowling and growling, snooping nd pooping, sneaking and peaking, and came away with some very incriminating evidence....

DO NOT betray us Tox, there are copies of everything hidden away!!!

He's not in trouble yet, but if he does not pay us the proper respect.....

MVM rules.

I'll let Carlos slide on his (edit) boat cause it's a Scales&Tales boat, that's ALL that counts!!!

Hey CIII need some pics of you in that new boat with some FISH!!!

Trep

GJM rules

Trep!!

HAHAHAHAh thanks man!!!!

I am off now to go fishing, but I am going solo, hard to get any pics solo. But, I hope to get out and catch some fish next Saturday. Today is a dry run :) Actually wet run....

Carlos

I put 4 keepers in the boat so there!!LOL! AND.....I only fished from 8 till 2. So there again!! I don't need no steenkin' pictures. Hahahaha!! Boat's still runnin like a raped ape....

TOXIC

I HAVE PICS!!!!! I had quite a few xrappie in the livewell, had to throw them back though. No one wanted them......

Man, you missed a great time!!!

Only bass fished for about 1/2 hour and with all the crappie hitting the water, I could not resist!!!!

Tox and his apess....

BTW Was less then a 1/2 tank of gas, me, a few poles, and no water in the livewells. I was running like crazy from Aquia. Made the slight left turn to line up with the channel markers and she started to chine walk like CRAZY!!!!! Dang near scared the beedobies out of me......

Backed her down like real fast! Last speed readign I saw was in the upper 60's and then my foucus was back to setting her down..

I need to practice some, on second thought, I think that I will just slow the heck down.....

All in all a great day!!!

Carlos

A (edit) Chine walking?????.... Carlos is you off yer Meds again???......LOL......

Please forward all incriminating pictures of Toxic to Me...I might have to offer a reward for those pics.....LMAO... I got BIG Plans for Toxic!!!!(evil grin)

SC,

Man, it got my attention!!! I think that I may have been trimmed up a bit far. Not much of the boat left in the water and wammo, surprise city!!!

I will email you a good "starter" picture HAHAHAHAHAAH

Carlos

That's exactly what it was C4,.....you were running on the pad and then went into a turn......can get your attention in a hurry!! LOL.....Just trim down a tad before you make any directional changes.....save the "pad only" running for straight lines. Fewer surprises that way!! And don't forget,..you're running with a lot lighter load that i did too...i had those compt's FULL of stuff and almost always ran with with a buddy so it was more "balanced". The next time you're out playing around....switch props...see if that 27P will push you any faster. Mini and I ran it wit hthe 27P for awhile, but we didn't get the increased top end like we thought we would...the 25P works GREAT on that boat....but who knows....since you're running with a much lighter load...that 27 might be the ticket!! Give it a try just for grins!!

Mac

All right C111 lets race I'll race you on that barge Infested river at high noon...I need the waves for peak performance..... BWHAHAHHAH

Mac,

Funny thing, I was just lokign at that prop and wondering..I may go back out and install it! Good idea!!

Gassed, cleanedup, organized and ready for next weekend

JR HAHAH No way man! A barge infested river HAHAHAAHAH Too funny though!!!!

That river looked like a big 'ole mud puddle to me.

When I was there, I think the clearest water I found had 3"(inches) of visibility!!!

River is always messy looking!! We do have a few barges!!!!

That is why the cler water scares me so bad!!!! hahahahahaha

BTW Went out and changed the prop. Will see how she runs on Anna!!! good place to test it out. All the fluids are topped off and I all set to go!!!

Carlos

You chompin at the bit or what!!LOL!! I had a blast on the cold side. Only saw 3 boats all day I got to run WOT in some little 2 ft. choppers, it was fun to get her up on pad and skip over the tops of the waves. Had a guy in a Skeeter shadowing me down the lake and he backed off cause he wasn't hitting the waves right, he was thumpin em' pretty hard. Little St. Clair schooling coming back to me!!

TOXIC

Man, that soudsn good! Anna is hardly ever that empty!!

I am glad that your schooling cam back to you, as my back was reminding me of your education there HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

BTW Yes, I am chomping at the bit. Last hurrah for the year!!

Hey Guys - Good thing you weren't down today. Temp was not too bad (46) but the wind was howlin' at 30mph+. Didn't see anybody on the lake. Our weather is still holdin for Saturday. Working on those charts to give you some good spots to try besides the canals.

Big front coming through Saturday night so we may hit them big during the day. Actually, we will be in-between two different fronts. A real cold one on Wednesday and Thursday and the second one late Saturday. Hopefully will get them into a feeding frenzy (Haha). Canals are always a good bet, although the down current mouth of canal one has been really been hot lately for both LM and Stripers.

I have a couple of things that I wnt to try out in the canals and the areas down stream of the canals too. I want to try drop shotting it some.

CIII - Don't forget to make sure you try tying your palomar knots for your drop shot rigs. Will show you a little secret on how to keep the hook perpendicular to the line (if you don't already know (haha))

Bill,

Thansk You for the real answer!!

Ok peanut gallery PIPE down HAHAHAHAHAHAAH

I do use the paolmar, kinda courious to see how well I tie it in teh cold!!! Look forward to the tip!!!

CIII - Why wait until you are out in the cold. Tie them the night before. You have enough rigs to set up one or two with drop shot configuration. I use the Gammy Octopus hooks as they seem to really work well and I don't need to set the hook as hard (as Toxic - haha). If he continues to set the hook the way he does and he breaks one off he is going to go head over teacups out of his lead sled. I really want to see him try and crawl back into that beast. But let's wait until summer so he doesn't get hypothermia on Saturday.

That's what the Heater is for....

I'll let you borrow it when it's time to retie!!!!!

I use the "stand on the motor and trim up" method. Remember the lillys? That's the only time I have ever gone out not on purpose. Almost with Greg and Corey and TJ. I watched KB set the hook on the James, no worries mate, his line is so old and brittle, it just snaps!!

TOXIC

I saw KB set the hook last month on Anna....all he reeled in was a pair of bass lips!!!

I see the peanut gallery is in full swing tonight!!

I am crappie fishing on Friday!! Then going to come back and retie for Saturdays fun!!!

KEN!!!!! Too funny!! You shold have seen him on the James!! Both of them in one boat! It was SCARY!!!!

Carlos,

Missed you in the Chat room last nite....their was about 8 of us in there for an hour or so....you must have just logged off right before we went in.

Yeas, I saw that, i hit the hay and was out!!!

Bummer......I seemed to have missed the fun!!!

Latest posts

Back