Carbonlite Reels at BPS not shown?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teri C.

Reaction score
Does anyone know why they have taken the Carbonlite reels off the Bass Pro web site? I see you can still buy them as a combo. I bought one during the spring sale and had to wait 3-4 weeks for my raincheck to come in. I used this reel during my tournament last weekend and really loved it. I am a Shimano Curado gal but I really liked this reel for $100. Would love to get more but don't really want the combos although I tried the Carbonlite rod and really like it too.

Get the ProQ!

Bu tto answer your question, No I dont know why. Call 1-800-BASS-PRO and ask!

Teri,

Working at a BPS fishing dept. (Cinci.), I am pretty sure why the problem exists.

The Carbonlite reel (and rod) have been in high demand since it's initial release. All of the reels coming in are being sold very quickly. Rainchecks were first priority after the item was on sale.

It's a manufacturing problem keeping up with demand. BPS is keeping all the stores supplied as well as they can. I guess the occasionally low supply is a good thing, as it shows the reel to be very popular.

If the DC (dist. center) gets to a certain low point, they generally will hold them for online sales. Generally, the stores recieve more pretty quickly. Check daily.

Latest posts

Back