Buy it?? Minn Kota Maxxum

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teri C.

Reaction score
Minn Kota Maxxum 74lb Trolling Motor - $325

This is a 2005, 24v foot controlled trolling motor with a 42" shaft. It is in excellent condition and excellent working order.

Is this a good deal? Is it easy to convert a boat wired for 12V to a 24V? If my boat has a mount for a Motorguide, do I need to buy a different mount for the MinnKota or should the mount come with it?

You guys are the best! :wub:

If you're not going to, send me the info, the price is almost too good to pass up....

david

Make him drive it down to ya and hook it up and see what she'll do!!! :lol:

BUY IT!!!..That's a helluva deal!! The mount should come with it, but it may require a couple new holes in the hull to mount it! (That's NOT a problem!!)

Although I'm running 12-volt, my 750 has the 24-volt wiring in it already; but if you have to convert it, it isn't that difficult. That 74 is just the ticket for the 750. Now, about that garage ... I know it is very narrow, but I don't know how long it is. My 750 fits in the garage for two reasons. First, the swing away tongue and second, my trolling motor is on a sliding mount. If I couldn't slide the TM back, my garage door would be banging off the TM's skeg and never closing. This is just something to consider.

I am picking it up on Saturday. So on Saturday, I may have a new boat with a new trolling motor, fish finder and charger to install. I never thought I would say this but I need a man!!!! :wub:

Now that is funny right there Teri....

Wish I could accomodate you but I have a GPS to install on Mac's boat and a couple tournaments to fish this weekend....I guess Mac needs a man too....! lol

Mini

Bite me!!! I'll throw a couple hotdogs on the grill for you while I choke down the back straps!!

Man i love messing with Mac....he gets so fired up!

Still unsure about the Thursday tournament. I really dont want to fish it....well I made the decision....its on! GPS install at 1800 in your driveway.

Lets do a professional install on his there Mini. I had to do some rewiring on mine up front.....

:lol:

Dang Teri, I missed it too....just my luck

My garage....any time you can show up. Wives/girlfriends are welcome. Grand Ole Opry tickets are on me!

Teri - Do you have a boat for this new Trolling Motor?? Or putting one on the Jeep??? LOL

Trep, I don't have a different boat YET. Good prospect of one on Saturday. If not, then I will wait but I have to buy a boat now because I committed to the trolling motor. :p I can always put it on the Triton if I decide to keep it.

CJL, I know I will need another battery. I need to find the boat first. :D

Latest posts

Back