Broncs vs. Pats?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeffry Skidmore

Reaction score
okay guys,

i'm gonna hafta go with Ditka on this one. Tebows is gonna show NE the power of prayer.

This kid may be the next Elway/Montana/Stauback clone.

I have 2 thoughts on this game:

I think that either:

1. Denver will win by 5 or less or,

2. New England will win by more than 14

Personally I dont care, Im rooting for New Orleans !

I think Tebow is a winner but Brady is a champion 3 times over.

As for the comparison to Elway, Montana and Stauback, I think a better comparison is to Big Ben or even Michael Vick who have had more success running than passing early in their careers. Tebow's passing isn't accurate yet to make the comparisons to these champions you mentioned just yet. Let's see how long Tebow can make it on his running and PFJ (play for Jesus) mentality before something breaks down. I like him but he has only played half a season. Let's give him a few seasons before we adorn him with all these accolades.

Keep in mind, up here in New England, we don't have many evangelicals - we believe in bad weather and the puritan notion that every day is a struggle. Certainly, it will be one later tonight and I am hoping for the best, but expecting the worst.

Go Patriots!

Bill, the MadKayaker

I think the Pats will win this one going away. The weather is going to be a factor and it will be in favor of the Pats. Brady just plays so well in sub freezing temps and tonight is going to be a cold one. Id expect him to put up some numbers today.

Ill be there in the nosebleeds freezing my butt off....

I know tebow is good but.... Brady is BETTER. The Pats defense will have to be sharp and aware of the long ball early, as Tebows gonna try and set the pace early on. The front line will have to contain Tebow and minimize the long rushing yardage. Should be a great game and i'm gonna say, NE by 10.

I was right with the win prediction, just not the point difference. Brady just picked Denver apart, from basically the 1st possession to the last. The Bruins on the other hand, did not fair so well that night, but still love watching them play.

I thought Denver looked really good..... until the opening kickoff.:( Man, I was surprised at how badly they were beaten! Glad I dint have any money on that one.

I know about the NE winters; my Mom was from Concord, Ma.. But I've been in Denver in Jan. also, and it gets colder than a well-digger's a$$ also. I don't think it was the weather as much as poor execution on Denver's part. Tebow looked overwhelmed, and I lost count of how many tackles #30, Bruton(?) missed.

re: Elway/Montana/Stauback clone

Come on. Not even close. All three of these Hall of Fame QB's came to the NFL with the ability to pass the ball. Nuff said.

Tex

Lol Tex,

Maybe is more of a Ryan Leaf clone at this point..... Tebow looked very exposed as the poor passer he is on Sat night. They loaded up the box and dared him to try to beat thme in the air and he couldnt.

Its hard not to like Tebow, hes a very likable guy and he does great things for people off the field but i think its way premature to put him up there with the likes of Elway/Montana/Stauback. 47% career completion percentages are not the stuff of an elite NFL QB.

With all due respect guys, I'm talking *future* here. None of those other guys (save maybe Staubach) was HOF material their first year either. Remember, also, in another post I siad " with Elway as a mentor". I doubt very seriously that Elway won't have some input into the kid's development. I'll agree that he was way over-matched by NE; just don' t count him as an also-ran quite yet.

In the NFL, a very good to great QB needs to be able to see a play developing and know when to throw to a 'spot' and not to a 'target'. Occasionally a QB simply needs to be able to throw to an area and have the receiver make a play. The key item being: QB has to be accurate with their passing, whether passing to an open player; a spot; or an area.

At the moment, Tebow does not seem to have any of the three capabilities.

A report that I read earlier this year, talked about the weekend announce crew watching a Bronco's practice (don't remember the crew or the game). The comments were along the lines of discussing what they usually see. The QB makes in the neighborhood of 80-90% of his pass attempts during practice (a handfull up around 95-98%). While watching Tebow during this 'reported practice' his completion rate was below 50%. This is a BASIC skill that any QB in the NFL has to have. If you can only complete 40-50% of your passes in practice, how in the world are you going to be successful during a full speed, full contact game.

He has tremendous physical skills running the ball whether in an option or scrambling situation. However, you cannot make your living successfully as he played in this postseason (both games).

Tex

Latest posts

Back