BPS Yesterday

• Thread starter Scott Hammer TOXIC
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Hammer TOXIC

Reaction score
Got to meet Bill Barham and his wife and let me tell you, sounds like we are going to have to go steal some of his spots up in MD!! He's been sitting back all tight lipped about them!! He did say he was going to come down and fish with the "crew" in VA. Sorry we couldn't talk more...he got to see first hand how some people just love to jaw....FYI Bill, that guy came back 2 more times during the show for about 45 min. each time.

Gotta tell you they move some merchandise at these shows. I mean guys walking out with 7 or 8 combo's....not the cheapies either....CARTS full of gear!! There was this particular lure I wanted to pick up and they told me they have not been able to keep it on the shlef all week. I got the last one in the store...

Talked to a guy who knew Mac (he was a guide down on Tablerock and had been doing the BPS shows from the beginning). He said Mac used to do toons on their name badges!!

Obviously, I'm not back there today (long story) but the best part about yesterday was meeting Bobby Murray...You know the guy that does the show with his brother Billy....They both come off as country bumpkins....Well let me tell you he is one smart cookie. I spent about an hour with him and he was at BPS till the closing bell. His company has outfitters in Alaska, Texas, Brazil, he trains BPS employees all over the country and has a lot of "other" interests. We got to talk about some of the pros and how fishing changed his life...as far as I could tell he was being genuine with me about the industry side and I appreciated that.

I will be down in Hampton in all of my glory next weekend. Y'all come in and sit a spell....

TOXIC

Which lure was it that they couldn't keep on the shelves that you wanted so badly? Come on, TOX! You can tell us! We're your friends!

I'll tell you after I get to BPS next weekend and get all that I need!!LOL...I will give you a hint, it's in the sale flyer.....

TOXIC

Tox made a BIG mistake Me.... I just happen to know what lure he's talking about:) It was nice meeting him and I'm sure we can make some sort of deal to keep my mouth shut:)

{btw, I sure didn't see it in the sales flyer. Did see "something" like it.)

The wife "made" me walk all over that mall yesterday Tox and the *&^&^%^$ back of mine wouldn't take anymore. That's why I didn't get back around to see you again. However, I did drive ALLLLLL the way back there today and guess what?,

NO TOXIC. Just an empty, forlorn looking shell where you were Saturday. That's ok though. The wife again went out into the mall and I got to browse all over the exhibits and merchandise all by my lonesome.

I wanted everything in the store but held myself in check because I have a birthday coming up and Nancy warned me about buying anything.

I was talking to a fellow at the Quantum counter and he told me that some of my fishing spots didn't fair too well fron hurricane Isabella. I'll have to get out and go look.

Tox, if anything, people were buying more today then they did yesterday. I would almost bet that eveyone on this site could retire with what BPS took in over the past four days.

It was a good time.

Bill

Tox, You would be proud of me, dead sticking Senko's in 5' of water. caught a few, and left the area best around 3lbs see ya sat. kb

Thanks JR, I haven't said anything, not much for tootin' my horn... KB

Hey kb...was it where I told ya to go ? Weather must have been brutal. I might be there in Hampton before Saturday...Teddy wants me to work the whole show. I have not decided. Now that the cat's outta the bag, everybody pitch in and help him sell that old beater of his.....hey, wait a minute, everybody help me sell MINE...then his!!LOL

Bill, sorry I missed you but due to the way the spot was set up and the fact that we could not set up the whole booth, it was a waste of time. A lot of people wanted to talk but no one wanted to sign up. I might have gotten a couple of future trips but nothing definite. I had a blast getting out into the fishing section and as always I ended up rigging some senkos for people and showing them how to fish them.

And as for the lure, it is in the exact middle page of the show flier....LOL

TOXIC

Latest posts

Back