bought used boat

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coach allen

Reaction score
I just purchased a used 1995 Nitro 19TF. Anything I need to know about a Nitro? I have not had a boat since 1989 and it was a bass tracker with 40hp

What does the TF mean? It has 150hp, 75lbs thrust trolling motor ( which the gator mount I found moves a little on me) and a two bank charger

Congrats. I had a 1995 TF180 which is one size smaller and loved it. It was a rock solid boat and I never had a lick of trouble out of it.

Not sure on the "TF". Maybe "tournament fishing" :)

Congrats Coach! I have a 93 190 TF. It stands for tournament fisherman. It basicaly means it is a single console. The 190 DC was the dual console model. I love the layout and fishability of my boat. If it is set up right it can be a pretty quick boat also. If your gator mount is loose than you more than likely have a loose screw or two. It just depends on what is used to moutn it to the boat. Is it the isolators or is it nuts and bolts? I personally have had no good luck with the isolators and have used the bolts out of them with washers and lock nuts on the inside of the boat. Good luck and I hope you like it.

Tim King

Thanks, Yes it's loose and I have both isolators and lock nuts on them. The isolators I really don't like but it's rubber and hopefully will keep the fiberglass from getting damaged with the locks nuts. The GPS showed the speed at 60mpg. Can I go without the isolators and not damage the boat using bolts and locknuts?

Welcome... Congrats on the new to you boat!

Did someone suggest "jacknuts".... ???????

Coach- I left the rubber on top and and used the lock nuts on the bottom. Even though they are lock nuts, with the bouncing around and vibration that theses boats get during use they will loosen. I just tighten mine up every now and then. I live on a gravel road so it happens to me more frequently. If I see they are loose I just tighten them back up. It is a pain in the butt, but it still beats the isolators in my book.

Tim

Did someone suggest "jacknuts".... ???????

I knew it was only going to be a matter of time.:rolleyes::lol:

Tim, it's not very nice to tell a guy with a new boat that he's got a "loose screw or two.":eek::huh: Geeeez man?:)

Congratulations on your "new" boat Coach! Have a safe and great time in it..

Uncle Billy

Unc, I knew someone would coment on that!! You as well as i and everyone else on here knows to own a boat you have to have at least one loose screw!!:lol::lol::p

Tim

Latest posts

Back