Bob's Lake Fishing Canada

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luke Boehm2

Reaction score
Anybody out their ever fish Bob's lake in Canada and if so what's was the Biggest Bass you caught?

Luke, never fished Bob's but fish one very close to Bob's called Crotch Lake.Just got back a few weeks ago. Have caught LM Bass to 5 lbs. and SM Bass to 20 1nches. I think most of the fish you catch will be 14-16 inches.

Hey Luke,

I fish Bob's Lake at least 2 weeks a year. You can see pics of fish from some of the past years fishing there at my website http://www.thefishingteam.com/

I've been fishing it since the late 80's and know this lake better than most of my 'home' lakes in NJ. Good place to fish!

My groups largest to date have been 20 1/2" smallie, 21 3/4" largemouth, and a 36" pike.

Mike

http://www.thefishingteam.com/

billb,

What do you think of Crotch Lake? ? ? It's been on my 'try' list for a while, but I've shy'd away because I've heard the water ministry plays with the water level alot there.

I'm heading up to Newboro, Clear and Indian Lakes in a couple of days to try them for the first time.

Mike,

I also fish Bob's Lake 2 times

a year. I go up the middle of August and Labor Day week. I just love the Lake. My biggest large mouth is 6lb 14 oz and 5lb 10 oz.Any one who hasn't had a chance to fish Bob's if they are in the area they should stop by and give it a try. Let me know how you do this year. Have you ever crossed over into Crow Lake?

Billb,

Where is crotch Lake I never heard of this lake the Bob's lake I am talking about is near Westport?

Mike,

Just checked out you web site Great Pictures. I'm from Pa. My buddy and I belong to the Rochester Owls Camp Its the White Camp that sit's up on the big rocks on the left heading up to Norlodge. I will be up their from August 14 to the 20 and back again September 5th to the 10th. If your up stop by for a beer. I have a Targa 17 with a 90 Merc it will be at our dock

I know where Owls is, just down a bit from where I stay at Cedar Haven. I'll be fishing the same week as you in August, and one week or two later than you in Sep, depending on the weather pattern then.

Guys there are amazing lakes in that general area that hold bigger bass. Mike, you will love Newboro, awesome fishery...Close to Bob's sharbot Lake holds some nice fish.

Mike, we have been going to Crotch for 9 years now and I love it. The water level is normally pretty steady the week we go, which is always the 1st week in June. Land o Lakes Lodge is where we stay and they take very good care of us.The fishing is good with good numbers and always a good top water bite. If it is size you are after go elsewhere.

billb, Thats good to know, and they don't have to be big. Any bass is a nice bass!

Glad to hear that Pierre. Hopefully I'll be into some fish there tomorrow night! :D

No internet for me for a week after I leave tonight so I'll let you know how we do when I get back.

Pierre,

What would be the next best lake for me to fish by Bob's for big smallies and Large Mouth? What are you useing for bait? I have my best luck with Senko's in the watermellon and watermellon gold fleck.

Luke

I'd take some time to fish big rideau lake. 20lbsbags in both l;argemouth and smallies are possible. Senkos will work fine as will jigs fishing deep weedlines or humps.

My dad used to take us (along with Grandparents) fishing there every summer growing up. One of a few memories I have of my Dad, for he passed away when I was very young.

Tex

I fish and stay on Bob's a fair amount. My buddy has a home just down from Nordlaw lodge, close to the mouth of the Tay (sp) River.

Great bass fishing for sure with senkos and sluggos always as my bait of choice.

Although I haven't had much luck, in the one end, the lakers are supposed to be great fishing too and walleye almost all over the lake.

There's a fantastic bait and tackle shop outside of Westport....good place for info. and equipment.

Good luck.

Paul

Back