Bob - Which Fuel Line '99 XR6?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrepMan

Reaction score
Guys (and of course Bob B!!) I need to replace the fuel line and bulb in my boat, motor is a 1999 Mercury XR6. I know there is a fitting at the hull and one under the cowl, but looking in the stores and on-line there are way too many options, and want to make sure I get the right one with the right fittings.

Any ideas guys and gals?

Trep

Hey trep i bought one from bass pro parts department. It was a quicksilver line with bulb. The one i had had 2 ends on it. I cut them off and used 2 ss screw clamps. Make sure u get a mercury / quicksilver line and bulb. And make sure its the new ethonal resistant stuff

Trep,

Change the fuel line from tank to the motor with 3/8" Mercury fuel line with blue lettering. Measure how much you need, add a little extra and get it from a Merc dealer. They should have the newer primer bulb assembly too.

So (novice here) the fittings into the hull and motor, leave those as is, and just replace the fuel line/bulb with 3/8" Mercury fuel line with blue lettering?

THANK YOU!!

Change all of it from fuel tank to the motor, including the primer bulb.

Trep, If I remember correctly. When I changed mine out, one diameter size for line from tank to bulb and a different size from bulb to motor. I bought online from Merc dealer by the foot. I try to find bill of sale.

Dennis in Al

Latest posts

Back