Bob B.......prop suggestion ??

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill McElroy

Reaction score
Bob,...I'm getting my boat back next week (They have to repair the ECU,...that was the reason for the hesitation and bogging down),...as well as the fuel lines and filters that I wanted changed anyway. My merc man said he can get the box repaired for his cost of $745 vs. $1800 for a NEW one!! As long as I'm putting some cheese into this, I want to get a used prop in GOOD condition to use full time, and use my current 23P 3 blade Laser as a spare. The current Laser gets me up to 55mph at 6000rpm with a very good holeshot......I'm leaning towards a 23P Trophy 4 blade....can you offer any advice?? I only want to buy 1,..LOL so I want it to be RIGHT right from the start!! :rolleyes:;)

My motor's serial number is 0D262903.

Thanks,

Mac

I'm partial to the Tempest prop.....especially with the Champs, they like bow lift. See if you can find one that hasn't been repaired. They have a bit more diameter for that added "bite". ;)

Mac,

if you want to try a 4 blade i have an almost brand new 23 pitch Powertech TRO4 that i can send your way and you can try it. If you like it you can make me an offer, if not send it back my way. You just need to promise not to ding it up.... I want to sell this one because its just not even close to enough prop for my Z7 and its just sitting in a box collecting dust.

When i had my 882 with a 150 on it this prop ran 60mph for the couple times i ran it( i needed to lower my motor on that boat to run this prop i just never got around to it), on my Z7 it runs every bit as fast as my 24 trophy does for some reason, the only problem is i can hit 6k rpm at only 3/4 throttle( my 175 Pro xs is pretty stout :D), same as the 24 trophy i have.

Here is a pic of it.

1102689396_z3x9x-L.jpg

Man,...this board ROCKS!! Thanks to both of you!! Bob B...I'll look for a Tempest!!

Jim,..I just might take you up on that offer....I'll get back with you as soon as I get my boat back!

Thanks guys!:wub:

Mac

Mac while a tempest is a nice prop for smooth water, I highly suggest you have a 4 blade for the rough stuff that St Clair can dish out. That is if you venture out into it. If not, I understand. Your boat is perfect for the area you live in. And you know you are always welcome to my Ranger if you want to hit the big water.

Hey Mac - Simon Motorsports will repair your ECU for a couple hundred less than you were quoted.

Mini,....I deffinitely want a 4 blade,....I didn't realize that Tempest's were 3 blades only....never paid THAT much attention to it, although I have had both props over the years on various boats.

Byron,..Thanks for the head's up,...but my mechanic has already sent my stuff out for repair. I don't mind paying the extra 2 hundo, 'cuz he is going over my entire motor and doing a lot of extra checking, ..tweaking,...calibrating, etc. that he's not charging me for,...so it's probably a wash. He's a VERY GOOD mechanic, so I will have the peace of mind and satisfaction that everything is in tip top shape when I get it back in a week. It's been a loooong month with no boat!!!:(

Don't rule out the Tempest....find one and try it!! Maybe...maybe not...:blink:

Will do Bob!!..thanks again for your invaluable help and advice,....you are a god-send!:wub:

Back