Boatbuckles anyone have this happen to them?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim B

Reaction score
The auto retract on one of mine stopped working last week out of the blue. i took it apart and found that the retract thing(kinda like the coil in a tape measure) was all rusted solid and broken. I called imco and i have a new set of stainless ones coming but i wondered if anyone else has seen this. mine are less then two years old and i lube them often and they have never seen salt water.

Mine didn't break but it wouldn't retract. I just ratcheted them back in.

Not a Ranger part. Shouldn't you be practicing your dance steps!

I had considered purchasing some of these for my 185. Sounds like maybe I should stick with my current tie downs.

You and I get in enough dancing as it is, I don't need to practice.

Buzz

T-Roy, overall I think they are very realiable, like any mechanical part, it can and will break after awhile.

Buzz

I have them for the last 3 years, not an issue and LOVE them!! there are now a few other vendors now in that market, but I love mine and have not had a problem. GREAT customer service that they are sending you new ones!!

A little cleaning and some Marvel oil and mine is working great again. They are awesome, and you never lose them since they're attached.

Trep, i did have to pay a small cost to upgrade to the new full stainless steel ones but since they are two years old and out of warranty i really cant complain one bit. What i am paying is a small fraction of what they cost in the sotre. The person i spoke to was very nice and was willing to send me a new set but i decided to upgrade to the stainless. It looks like thier customer service is great.

I have never heard of one failing like that so i was surprised. I know people who have had them for years without trouble so i think i may just have gotten a bad one.

Mine was because of dirt that got up in there during trailering. It happens.

One of mine is getting hard to retract as well (@ 3 years old - no saltwater use). I might try oiling them tonight before I go out and see how they work.

T-Roy,

I just bought the "Rod-Saver" knock-offs to save a few bucks. So far I'm very happy with them. The whole concept is better is than any other tie-downs so no matter what brand you get, they are worth owning.

I like the Rod Saver ones better too.

Like ANY mechanical part, it needs maintainence. A little oil goes a long way.

Mini

Latest posts

Back