Boat work upcoming, and possibly a sale

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Texas Transplant

Reaction score
Well, this week while I had a day off, I did purchase a replacement Battery Charger for the Stratos. I'm just really hoping that my batteries haven't gone south, while the boat has been neglected.

I certainly am getting an itch to get out and do some fishing, but work/home/grandkids and other things are keeping me hopping. Therefore, I am seriously thinking about selling the Stratos, complete with all the Electronics that I've accumulated and installed on it. I haven't had it in the water and using it since August '09. I missed 2010 Completely. That, and I've been paying storage for it since moving in August of '10.

Given that my wife and I are on a plan to minimize spending; maximize savings with a goal of buying a house to retire to in 2-3 years, just somewhat looks like the thing to do.

Just needed to get it out there, as this is one of those times whereby 'Group Therapy' and input, is generally helpful. Looking forward to dragging it home this weekend (hopefully) and actually doing a little work on it. Bought the same charger, as I wanted an easy replacement.

Tex

Well, if you are not going to use it, you should sell it. It sounds like you are paying to store it while it depreciates.....

I know what you are going thru. About 5 years ago I had surgery for prostate cancer. It was a wake up call. I sold my boat to spend more time with the wife and kids. I also became a grandfather this past January. I do miss the fishing, but I am doing more with the family. Maybe once the granddaughter gets older I will buy another boat and go back fishing. Good luck!

Barry from Louisiana

Hey Tex,

Long time no see Tex:rolleyes: I certainly know what you're saying as I don't even remember the last time I used my boat. I have had countless moments when I have thought to sell it but my insides tell me I won't ever get another boat if I do:( So I'm still just trying to figure out just what to do. I hope it's the right thing and hope it's the right thing for you too!

Uncle Billy

Well, I went and got it from storage yesterday and put it in the driveway. First thing is to get the new charger installed, and figure out whether or not the batteries are salvagable (likey not). If not, I'll go get three new ones from Wally World and then go from there. I've ordered a new 'prop kit', and have to dig out my spare and make certain all that fits.

My SS Prop got removed by someone over the winter. For certain, it won't go back to the lot with a prop on it.

No decisions as yet, but at least getting ready to bring it back to life.

Tex

Latest posts

Back