Boat insurance

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Dear

Reaction score
I just boat my fist boat!! I have a $5000 loan. What should i be doing for insurance? Thanks for your help.

I have mine through this agency, very, very good rates and service...

http://www.gisfish.net/

I have my boat as well as my home and cars with State Farm. They might not be the cheapest but they pay off like a slot machine when you have a claim. You can shop around online or through the yellow pages. Be sure you get replacement value coverage and not just book value. Also check to see how much of your fishing tackle is covered. Also pay attention to liability in case you take out a jetski or something.

Harpo

Progressive! Got me the best rate and coverage. Was with BOAT US for 10 years, never placed a claim, and every year they bump my rates....

One of the more common claims will be theft. Locks on boats are easy to bypass. Check the content coverage on your policy, progressive would not work with me on this one.

i second progressive. i was with state farm, progressive beat there quote by a far amount.

also progresseive has a rider for your equipment. 35.00 per yr covers your electronics, rod, reels, tackle ect.. up to 3500.00.

GregD

I got All State. I have All State on my home owners insurance and I received a discount for having multiple insurance policies by going thru them. I just purchased a $14,000 bass boat and I'm only paying $203.00 a year for insurance. You might want to try your car insurance to see what type of rate you'll get too because they offer discounts for having multiple policies. I'm switching over to car insurance as soon as my current one ends.

I too, like Progressive. I had State Farm for years. I never had a claim with either. State Farm is just to high. I have 3 vehicles with State Farm, my house for 28 years, but the boat coverage was to high, Progressive beat them by $140.00 a year, for the same coverage.

Bubby

I have Nation Wide for my PT 17 and my payment is around $100+. I got riders for all my equipment too. Thats pretty cheap.

Donnie

Take good pictures of everything. I have pictures of most of the serial numbers.

My 2 cents.

Latest posts

Back