Bilge Pump

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Kayaker

Reaction score
The other week my bilge/aerator pump for the livewell (Mayfair 500 gps) cracked inside the tube going to the livewell. It caused a little panic with water coming through the carpeting at a pretty quick rate before I realized this happened but that is another story for another time. Suffice to say, I figured out what happened and got to shore before my boat took on too much water and flooded the batteries.

The connector from the pump was still long enough that for now, I have just reconnected to the tube and will hopefully make due with it through the remianing month or two up here in New England.

I had two questions. The first, is there any harm in going to a Mayfair 750 gps other than the draw on the battery?

The second, it is a 90 degree angle for the connector to the intake at the transom - it has a strainer type device on the outside which I assume is threaded to the intake. Is that all there is (along with marine silicon) to this - just turn the strainer to get it off? I didn't see any screws.

Any help would be appreciated. Once uploading photos work, I will post some pictures of my girlfriend's first two bass over three pounds! She was psyched and I may have gotten my pass to buy a bigger boat in 2009 - hello 9-series!

Any help with the two questions would be appreciated. Thanks, Bill

750 will simply work faster negating any increased amp draw. My strainer simply unscrews.

With the extra inflow of water will your overflow handle it when on timer(filling the livewell too full maybe). That would be the only concern I would have.

Aren't the livewell and aerator on a different pumps?

Latest posts

Back