Bilge pump flow question

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian J

Reaction score
i've got a 2011 Targa V18 WT, I upgraded the original bilge pump from the 500gph to the 1000gph pump. put some water in the hull to test is out and at first glance, (and i could be wrong), but it looks like its not pumping out any more water than the 500gph pump did. I got looking at the plumbing the best i could and it looks like there 3/4" plumbing that runs from the bildge pump itself, but where it spits out the side of the boat, it looks like the tube reduces to 1/2". so am i really pushing any more water out, since the end of the tube is restricting flow? thanks --Brian

Unless I'm missing something in the physics, the higher capacity pump would push water out faster due to higher pressure even with the limited outlet tubing. Putting some water in your hull with a hose may not provide a steady supply of water to the pump inlet for a serious test? Some kind of tubing obstruction or a kink would affect this too?

Latest posts

Back