Biggest Fish on Allatoona for me!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrepMan

Reaction score
Well... got back this afternoon with my Father-n-law, 2 brother-n-laws and Noah from the Cartersville GA Western Art Musuem and decided 45 degrees and 10-20mph winds were PERFECT fishing weather!!

Hooked up the Nitro and my Brother-n-law Tom jumped in and off we went. Just motored about 1/4 mile to a point Eli and I caught our 4 fish (ok, last time I had 1 and he had 3!! LOL) and we started fishing, my second cast I hooked up, 4 ft of water off the bank and it felt like a decent maybe 2 lb fish, got it near the boat she rolled up took a look at my ugly puss and took off running!!! :lol: 10 mins later we got her netted! 3lb 15 oz and 19 3/4 inches long!!! I got one more dink and that was it. But it is my biggest bass on Allatoona, and my 3rd biggest ever!

And yes, the picture is out front of my house, my 2 nephews have never seen a fish up close so we took her home and had dinner too!

Can't wait til Thanksgiving day for more fishing!! We're doing our big dinner tomorrow, and we'll fish on Turkey day!

Trep
2005 november 22 Mike big bass for web.jpg

Great job! Nice fish! Hey trep, maybe we can get together sometime. I live in Villa Rica and have been wanting to go to Toona but have never been. I don't know much about the lake. I have always heard around Red Top was pretty good. With gas prices like they have been, I will have to consider going to Toona over West Point. From my house to Yellow Jacket it takes about an hour and 15 minutes. I can be at Toona in 45 minutes.

What lure did you catch those bass on? Lately I have had huge success with a slow rolling white spinnerbait and black/green jig and pig.

Trep dude that is an awesome fish.I would brave any weather to load the boat with those toads....It is funny that you can plan a trip for days and you might have a good catch,but the best ones are the ones like you just had,,,,spur of the moment....Congrats dude.....

Nice fish, Trep! (Makes me wish I didn't have to put my boat away for the Winter:angry:)

TJ

4lbs. Wow! But what is more impressive is that you have your dinner the day before the big day and go fishing on the big day. Gotta love that!

Aaron - With my in-laws family, it has the last few years become the tradition that we eat on Wed as everyone's reasonable flight costs has them fly out on Friday. That way the whole family is here on Thurs for leftovers, AND fishing!!! And what's even better is Beka (my wife) thought up the idea on fishing!!

NICE BAAAAASSSSS

I'd like to get out this weekend but the only nice days are going to be today and tomorrow and the rest of the week it's going to be windy and rainy and Saturday is Bedlam, so I for sure can make it that day. We'll see....you've got me pumped to get out there.

Harpo

Nice fish! Was it still 4 lbs when it came out! :D

Trep - nice fish!! My best ever is still a 3 pounder.

JC

Teri - It was probably closer to 6lbs, when it came out of the FRYING PAN!!!! LOL Made a nice beer battered dinner, and the nephews REALY enjoyed touching it and taking pictures with their first REAL fish they got to touch!!!

Trep,

Very nice!!!

Did you really eat it? I just don't like the taste of largemouth.....I'll eat a smallie from cold water, but just can't stomach a LM.

Thanks Neeley, Yup we ate him, tastes like Chicken!!! :lol:

Hmmm, seems to me you are catching more fish now that you've switched to glass...

Nice fish!

Good thing Eli wasn't with you on this trip because I bet HE would have caught it!! LOL

Nice fish Mike, and in November yet! You southern guys have it made!

Latest posts

Back