Bias or Radials

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew Zuber

Reaction score
Has anyone switched the original bias-ply tracker tires with radials? I don't like the way the bias tires are wearing...They're properly inflated, but seem to be wearing more outside of the tread pattern than on the tread itself...

Will I see any noticeable differences with radials???

az

I went from Bias ply to the Goodyear Marathon Radials last year and have been happy with the ride my trailer is now getting. With only a few thousand miles on these tires, they still look like new.

I have radials on my trailer and they wear and ride terrific. Cannot recall brand. I have Goodyear "trackers" on the truck though. Go figure!

Definitely radials. I have a 1997 Targa 18 w/115 Merc. that I tow approximately 2000 miles per year mostly on the highway. Two years ago I replaced my Tracker bias tires with Goodyear Marathon radials. The bounce of the trailer was reduced. The trailer sway was drastically reduced. It just follows the tow vehicle much better with the radials. Also, be sure and balance the tires when you replace them. It does make a difference. Good luck! Gary

definitely go with radials.i replaced mine in 1999 with bridgestone rd613 radials,and they dont even look like they are worn.the trailer like everyone else says,doesnt bounce as much,follows you great,tows easier.

Andy -

Don't worry about getting "trailer tires"; any automotive type in the typical "B" load range will work perfectly. Buy them from someplace like WallyWorld so that, if you're on the road and have problems, you can get the tire value adjusted anywhere. And get a major manufacturer like Goodyear, Michelin or BFG; again, so you can find dealers anywhere and you will be assured that you've got a first-line tire.

me!

Latest posts

Back