BEST MOUNT FOR MOTORGUIDE MOTOR....HELP !!!!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paul white2

Reaction score
I HAVE JUST HAD A TROLLING MOTOR QUIT AND I BOUGHT ANOTHER NEW ONE. THE MOUNT ON THE BOAT IS THE GATOR 20.8 MOUNT, WHICH RATTLES JUST A WEE BIT ON HIGH. THE NEW MOUNT WITH THE MOTOR IS THE GATOR FLEX 360 AND HAS A RUBBER COLLAR WHERE SHAFT MOUNTS TO THE MOUNT. SIMPLY TELL ME WHICH OF THE 2 IS THE BEST FOR THE MOTOR, WHICH IS A 54 LB THRUST. WHAT I MEAN WHICH IS GONNA RATTLE OR BE HEARD LESS. THE RUBBER COLLAR WOULD HAVE TO SOAK UP SOME MOVEMENT, AND THE 20.8 DOESN'T HAVE THE RUBBER COLLAR .......SO WHICH DO I NEED AND IS GONNA BE THE QUIETEST AND BEST ALL ROUND.

I have yet to see a MG that doesn't squeak and groan.:lol: I liked mine but it was a bit noisy. I would go with the newer mount just because, well....it's newer.:p

TOXIC

you say go with it cuz it's newer over the big heavy 20.8......thought it was the best of them made????

I say newer because it appears they have tried to address the noise factor and that obviously is a concern of yours. If it doesn't, you can always put the old mount back on.

TOXIC

Latest posts

Back