Bed Liner?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul Welc

Reaction score
Hello all. I purchased a new truck now I need a bed liner, are the Rhino linings the way to go? The dealer gave me a name of a guy, whom he says does great work. Spray in liner, though it's not a rhino liner. I understand the Rhino liners are some what soft so things don't slide around. Bruce did your Tacoma come with a bedliner?

I would never have another truck without a spray in bedliner. We did not get a Rhino on ours. It was done locally by Council hitch here in Iowa. But it has held up like it was new after two years so far. They did a great job. They pulled all the bolts and other hardware from the box and tailgate, sprayed in the liner and reinstalled everything. We could not have been happier. Lifetime warranty. I think the dealer is the biggest thing to a successful liner any more. The attention to detail really set this off as a professional job. It's not a Rhino but I would not trade it for one. Check out your local dealers and don't be afraid to go with someone else if they are recomended and a little lower price than a Rhino. Most good dealer put a tag in the lining when they install it with their name so glance in some box's when you are walking through parking lots. Hopefully the owner won't think you are casing his truck.:):)

I've never had a spray-in but here they are great. My Tacoma came with the composite bed, no need for a liner or spray-in :cool:

I've had 4 trucks and all have had rubber mats with tonneau covers...keeps the bed lookin' like brand new and are a cinch to remove.

If I hauled alot of other stuff(other than fishin' stuff)...it would be the only way to go.

Check out "Bedrug" as well. I have had mine for 2+ years and love it. Padded if you want to lay or sit on it, soft so nothing slides around on it, and impervious to chemicals.

I have the Line-X in my Titan and love it. It is much tougher than Rhino and doesn't fade nearly as bad.

I have the rhino in my truck and so far so good, its been great. Granted its only been in the truck for less then a month... I can tell you when they say " non skid" they mean it. I was helping a buddy pick up a treadmill and the guy loading it at the store had no chance of sliding it in.

I though about line-x aqnd the onyx one too but after talking to my uncle who had had a rhino in his construction truck for the last 6 years i decided it was the way to go. He has had great service from his and he uses his harder then i ever will.

I also have the Bedrug and would not have anything else. But my truck is more like a cadillac to me. I baby it and don't haul anything else I really need too.

Jon

Paul..... I am the GSM of a dealership....... all we sell are trucks.... we spray our own and they are the same as line-X..... they are GREAT!!!!! should cast you about $375-$425....get over the rail!

Kraig

I had a Rhino Lining installed the week I picked up my '05 Dodge 2500 PU. Its the first one I've had installed. So far, no problems or complaints. It works just as advertised. Highly recommend. About $495 for an 8' bed.

Thanks everyone. Is the line-X non skid? I like the idea of putting my spare trolling motor and battery in the bed and not having it play ping pong from side to side in the truck.

In the last 9 years I have had spray-in linears in three trucks now. Dakota, F150 and now a F250. Notice the trend? First was a Rhino, second was a dealer application, the third is Line-X. Line-X is the best, Rhino was next and the dealer application was the worse but still good. Line-X is just as non-skid as Rhino if not better.

I just bought an 05 Chevy 1500 HD crew last month. I went last week and had a liner sprayed in. The one I went with is called "ProCote". It cures hard, not soft like most. I was worried that it would cause stuff to slide around in the bed but it has a rough surface which so far has prevented stuff from sliding.

Wolf

Paul, try the bedrug by Wise, it's easy on cargo (won't move around the bed as much) and is made for the elements. It's also cheaper than a spary-in and can be removed or replaced if need be.

Latest posts

Back