BASS vs FLW Payout. Interesting analysis

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Texas Transplant

Reaction score
There has been a lot of talk recently about the newly formed PAA, BASS and FLW. Lot's of talk on BFHP about payouts being soooo much better at FLW, and many not liking what BASS is proposing next year. Prompted me to do some analysis.

In my library files, I uploaded an excel spreadsheet (1 page). It has a brief analysis of the top 25 in BASS winnings this year, top 25 in FLW, and also the next 25 for each league. Also has total payout, and the average payout(s) in the top 25, and the second 25.

Form your own opinions, but it was somewhat surprising. Take note, FLW has one fewer tourney on the books, but did have one big payout tourney (Beaver for $200k). So it's not exactly an apple to apple comparison. Just makes for some interesting reading.

My opinion - for the regular tour, I'd prefer to fish BASS. The biggest reason is the history, coupled with smaller fields. In the FLW, you are competing against 199 other anglers. Also interesting to see the sponsorship comparisons. And of course, notice Hackney's numbers/sponsorship.

Tex

Of course another thing you should note Tex is that next year the BASS fields will be as big as the FLW fields as far as I understand. So...does that change your preference of BASS over FLW? As for me, well, I'd love to fish BASS someday because of the coverage and the history like you mentioned. Some would say that there is more talent in BASS, but who really knows for sure. That's what makes this BassFan.com Cabela's tournament so cool!

There is another part to that analysis, that I didn't do - but would be interesting.

200 anglers x $2,750.00 = $550,000.00 entry fees paid in by FLW Anglers.

160 anglers x $1,925.00 = $308,000.00 entry fees paid in by BASS Anglers.

That seems to very much put another slant on the costs vs payouts discussions.

Tex

Latest posts

Back