Bass ProShop's XPS chargers

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatrap

Reaction score
Anyone ever use the BPS XPS onboard chargers? My ole Schumacher 24 volt isn't doing too well after multiple trips to the garage floor. I can get a 8 amp/hr for about $36 with my Bass Pro discount.

fatrap

Just checked the back post. Looks like the XPS isn't the best charger to put onboard. What's a guest cost?

fatrap

I paid somewhere around 300 for my guest 2630 10 amp per bank, 3 bank charger. That was 7 years ago when i bought it so it could be more now.

BTW its been a great charger in both boats i have had it in.

GUEST for me !! My 2630 has been keeping a trickle charge on all three of my batt. 24/7 for the last 2 yrs. now . MN. winters, summers with no problem. Even after hitting the water going 50 mpg plus with the prop 8 ft. of the water .I thought for sure it would have dislodged from the mount but it didn't

Mark:)

My xps 5/5/5 died at the end of last season after only about 7 months of use. My buddy who owns a boat shop said he has returned as ton of the xps chargers. guest or dual pro for me next time.

:lol: fatrap, when I saw your post I knew what was going to happen..

I'm getting ready to take the cover off the boat and then I'll see how good my Guest charger worked. I just put it in last year and it's been plugged in all winter. I will bet everything is ok and my batteries are charged. And if not I'm sure Sue and Guest will take care of me. There is just no comparison, especially the service.

Uncle Billy

I think the question was has anyone had tried them, not what brand you used or how you liked it.

I bought a 5/5/5 BPS XPS charger last spring and love it. They are made by Pro Mariner, who makes great stuff. You know if you have problems with it, BPS will take care of you.

I have the 5/5/5 also going on 2 years now and I love it stays pluged in year round...Except when fishing:D

I also have a 5/5/5 and it is still going strong after about 2 years. So far it's been great.

Reno

I think you have answered your question ;)

You will love the XPS charger. If you were to have problems with it, you obviously know where to take it back to customer service. If not, it might make a good boat anchor.

This is what was written by the owner and it was in response to a query by Rusty I believe.

"I had a Bass Pro charger once, it was about two months old and just sitting in my boat, not connected to power and here is what happened to it. I'm lucky it didn't burn up my whole boat! I installed a Guest and it has been trouble free for the last 2 years. I would not put anything else in my boat."

Bass Pro Shop is NOT going to replace your boat when it burns up. Now you decide? You can get a guest 5/5/5 for about $200.00

charger2.jpg

Uncle Billy

Just ordered a Guest 2623 to replace my XPS 5/5/5. This is my second XPS. The first quit working after 2 years and the second one started pumping out over 16 V, per bank, while it was charging. They said I could return it but after doing this once, it's time to try another brand. I want to be fishing instead of running to the post office to return chargers!

Thats a scary pict right there. Glad i dont have one of those in my boat.

A guy in my club had the 10 amp pro mariner and its been back to them some 6 or 7 times that i know of.

My Guest 2631 on the other hand has charged my batts hunderds and hundreds of times over the past 7 years and never given me a moments trouble.

Latest posts

Back