Bass Pro Nashville Today

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teri C.

Reaction score
Living so close to Bass Pro and having a day off is NOT a good combination for me. Spent WAY too much money. New tackle bag, new net as I own the cheapest one I have ever seen, lots of new lures and plastics. No GPS/finder yet.

Trep - Holy crap that Hummingbird GPS is expensive.

Mini or Toxic - Who makes Robo worms?

Mac/Mini - Are you coming to Nashville for the Spring Classic at BPS in February? You better be...got to make reservations for that italian food. Yummy!

Toxic - You said #1 Gama EWG hooks for dropshotting? Did I get that wrong? Those looked like a worm hook to me. I bought the #1 Gama's that actually said Dropshot hook.

Does anyone else use Chompers brand? I love them, especially the double tail grubs with a skirt. Someone said to get Yum Dingers but they looked the same as Chompers so I got those instead.

Traded my old Curado for a Browning reel, the guy that works there said I was nuts for doing that. Yep, that's right, Browning is my favorite reel. It's really a year old Johnny Morris which I like too but I really like the Browning. Have 2 of them now and they are my favorites.

Can I please go fishing sooooonnnnnn ????? :wacko:

I stayed away from our Cabela's; I'm waiting for our Olathe BPS to open up. I use Chompers. They are an excellent bait. I prefer their skirted twin-tail grubs over other brands for durability. I use 1/0 octupus hooks for drop and wacky rigs.

LOL @ Bruce. Yes, I have posted alot in the last 3 days. That's what time off and staying home does to me. Rarely happens! I used to be a regular here but my job no longer allows for free time on the internet. Ah the good ole days!

You should see my living room. I've have WAY too much tackle and it's spread out all over. I now have saltwater trays, Minnesota trays, "extra" trays.....trying to get down to six 370's for the boat.

I also have made an entire pile of fishing stuff, car accessories and electronics to sell on EBay.

Oh well, it's given me something to do.:wacko:

Back to work tomorrow so see ya next year. Ha!

Well if you want to compare pictures, you should see my shed (I have 4 house cats) It was 68 today so I took the time to take everything out of the boat that was not bolted down. It's a wonder the dang thing still floated. :blink:

BF

Lol Teri, you got the disease......

I use the chompers grubs too. I like the twin tail skirted ones. The ones i use have the built in garlic smell and they do work. I like thier watermellon because its not as dark as most. Some of the lakes i fish they really respond to that light color.

As far as the finder/gps goes have you checked out the Lowrance 332c? I believe the replaced it with the 520c for 07 but its more or less the same unit. The screen on it is sumer and the navionics premium chip is just downright awesome. Any lakes that have the high definition maps are unbleievable, they have a bunch of lakes in TN that have the high def maps. Its really really good stuff.

Oh Teri, what are we going to do with you??:p I started laughing as soon as you mentioned your living room..:lol: That's what my den looks like.. My brother calls it my Tackle Store.

I don't care. I've got a new tackle bag so big that I can't pick it up when it's empty, well empty except for the plastic boxes... If I can't go fishing right now I'll just collect everything there is to do with fishing.:rolleyes: I'll have to start selling some of my stuff pretty soon though..:( Or, go to Kentucky Lake and lose everything I bought all winter..

Uncle Billy

Did the same thing at Cincy BPS BUT, I only bought what I needed and NOT what I wanted;)

It's the only way:lol:

Teri,....Unfortunately Mini and I won't be in Nashville this year,......we'll be in Orlando that weekend! We've got 7 weekends in a row coming up,.....starting with Orlando, then the BMC, Dallas, Detroit, Springfield, Harrisburg and Denver.:wacko:

You need to drive down to the Classic,.....that's a blast!!;):rolleyes:

Hope to see you soon,....somewhere!!!

Mac

I love chompers,,,and Browning reels...I have several of them!:D

Teri,

Sorry to break your heart girl, there are a few more around the country that will be broken too. We cant be everywhere!

As far as Robo Worms, BPS is not carrying them. Call Neeley, he has em and he will hook you up. Yes the #1 hook, NOT the drop shot hook. Alot of people do use the dropshot hook, but I like the #1 better for a couple of reasons (and I think I got Tox thinking the same way).

#1 You rig it weedless - most of the time not a problem with weeds and a drop shot, but if you do fish weeds with it (or brush) you wont get hung up as much. Just rig it Texas style.

#2 It puts the hook closer to the fish, I think I get better hook ups with it that way.

#3 The bait stays horizontal better. It doesnt slide down the gap of the hook.

#4 Cause I am used to it...lol

Come to the Classic in Birmingham. OR The Spring Classic in Nashville.....it's fun no matter where Mac is!

Mini

:angry::blink::cool:Mac / Mini / toxic-------------What about the grand opening of the BPS here in down town Olathe Kansas Feb. 22nd?:wacko::lol::lol:

Guess I'll have to drive to SpringField (400miles round trip) the get a kiss:wub::lol::lol:

Rick

We'll be in Sunny FLA, during that Grand Opening,.......Orlando ain't Kansas Toto!!;):p

Mac

Trep - Holy crap that Hummingbird GPS is expensive.

LOL!!! This from a gal who's had HOW many tow vehicles including a Benz?? Compared to a guy with 2 kids, a stay at home wife and tows his 17ft Nitro with a minivan!!! LOL

It all depends on what you want? Want the cheapest GPS base map enabled unit, get the 363 combo for $299 or cheaper if you find it onsale, or start getting more $$ and more/bigger units!!!

I am trying to stay out of BPS I don't have my bonus yet!! LOL

Trep - I deserve the tow vehicle comment. Most of those I got out of with little to no loss. Last one hurt a bit. My LR3 left me stranded on 3 occasions and it was in the shop for weeks at a time. They offered to buy it back but I would have to get another Land Rover. No thanks. I have been happily driving the same SUV at 0% interest for the last 4-5 months.

Ben - You stumped me on what I was wearing. I am not one for glamor so my best guess was jeans and then I came up with a navy short sleeve shirt with a white hoodie either on or tied around my waist. Most of the time I was in there, I was talking to an older guy, Mike, who works there. I was there from probably 4-6pm.

Teri,

The 987C si Humminbird is on sale at some Bass Pro Shops for $1499 ($500 off), still a lot of money, but you get the side imaging.

Kevin

Mini is right, I like the #1 Gammie EWG's because I am a Texas rigging type of guy. I don't rig them wacky or nose hooked which the "majority" rig. Big question is, what weights did you buy? Go take a look at the roboworm site (6 inch straight tail in FX colors). Yamamoto cut tails work well also.

TOXIC
http://www.roboworm.com

You still driving the LR3?? "My LR3 left me stranded on 3 occasions and it was in the shop for weeks at a time. " Dang, my Kia Minivan hasen't left me stranded ONCE!!! LOL

Whatever you do, DONT use the People's Worm or Aaron's Magic...... :)

That way there will be more for me!

Mini

Trep - I no longer have the LR3. I bought a 2006 Saab 97X (the SUV). Basically a GM Envoy with some upgrades, free maintenance, and better warranty. I really like it and enjoy using 87 instead of 91. I also like the 0% for 60 months.

I can't help it Darlin'......another woman got between us,..:eek:,....the one who tells me where to go and when to be there!! :blink: But,..that doesn't mean I can't sneak in another trip later this year down to your 'hood,.....there's always the boating/camping weekends!! :wub:

Don't worry,...we'll cross paths sometime this year,....I PROMISE!!

Mac

There he goes promising all the women something that I will have to do....lol

Mini

You are welcome in Nashtucky any time. Bring the wife and kids and they can go shopping and to the opera and you and I could go fishing. My casa es u casa.

I thought about coming to the classic since it's only 3 hours away but I asked two people and neither wanted to go with me.

You dont need anyone else, you have Mac and I as your personal guides :)

Mini

Chompers ROCK Teri....

White is my choice on the skirted grubs...

They keep going up in price! over $5 at WallyWorld now...

Mac/Mini...

How about the grand opening at "MY" closest new BPS...

Portage, IN...

Opens on Valentine's Day no less....

Bring a date...

az

C'mon down to the Classic Teri,....we'll have a blast!! You'll be more than safe with us,....but we do have to work the show from Open-Close each day!!:wacko:

We'll go bar hopping at night!!..It's a great time!!

Where should I book a room? I have no idea about that area. I could drive down on Saturday morning and spend the day. I assume that expo area is pretty cool. Are things pretty accessible (like launch and weigh in) or is it crazy? Not sure what I would do all day. Shoot me an email cuz I lost your number when the phone went in the lake.

Teri, I should fly down, I'm sure we could find something to do to keep us busy.

Buzz

Bring your boat and follow your favorite pro(s) around.

Mini

I use Chompers tudes and stick worms. O love em', only probablem is on the Potomac River at times I can get the catfish to leave the tubes alone.

HP

Back