Bartons Cove- CT River Question

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bass Tracker

Reaction score
I searched the old post but cant find the one i made in the spring time.

Tommorow I am going to "Bartons Cove" on the CT River area...

Never been there and I am wondering if anyone has any tips on boating it? I do not want to smack my new $650 lower unit up... Thanks all

and of course any fishing tips would be great...stay in cove? fish main channel? thanks all

-Jason

From what i remember its pretty safe as long as you stay in the channel which is wide and deep. Ive run that section of the river at 60+ and not had any issues. The only trouble spot i know if is under the rt2 bridge and i believe its all no wake and clearly marked if i remember correctly. Most of the cove itself is no wake too and pretty safe. Just be careful, stay in deep water and watch out for any floating wood and you should be fine.

Fishing wise if you want LM stay in or close to the cove, smallies hit the river. Ive never fished it in the fall so i dont know what they will be feeding on. When i have fished there in the spring the smaiiles feeding releated directly to the dam being open or closed. when the dam is open and the current is flowing is when i have done my best.

Jim as always..Thank you very much...Looking forward to it...hope the weather is good and the wind is low.

Jim,

Just wanted to thank you again for the info. We had a great day out there.

There was even a 12-15boat tournament and i still managed to get about 6 smallies, most off of one spot.. I love going to a new place and finding a nice underwater tree with the sonar..thank god for GPS..

Tournament tommorow on Winni and Sunday on Winni...Then most likely time to pack it up within a week or two of these last tournaments...

Latest posts

Back