Bank fishermen NOT BY CHOICE

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BUMMER!:( Sorry to hear about that. I have heard so much negativity on the BPS service. I`m a first time boat owner myself and kinda glad I didn`t have to go through BPS. I have a 2004 NX750 that I came across a good deal on where the WIFE got the boat in the divorce. Sorry to hear man! Just hang in there and keep us posted!

You won't hear negativity from me. I have had dealings with two different BPS service centers ... no problems in any way, shape or form. There is more to this story that is going untold.

I agree with Marty BPS (Tracker Marine Boat Center) has bent over backwards to help me and I did not even buy my boat there.

Yes Marty is right! You need to hear the whole story.

First about myself, I

Geez Skip,

Your having a great time! Don't mean to sound like a smart ass but it seems your taking 1 step forward and 2 steps back, whats the plan from here?

After the third time with no progress about the cracks, etc. I would be sitting outside the store manager's office waiting for him to see me.

A piece of paper with a list of acknowledged defects and promised fixes, signed by someone would be a good start. Next, a letter to corporate wouold be in order here. Someone is giving Tacker a "blasck-eye" and maybe someone "upstairs" should be made aware. Finally, careless damage is a serious indication of what is probably a poorly run service department. Just my two cents...

Good Luck with that guy. I emailed him and never received a reply, of any kind. Even sent pics of the problem. When I filled out the survey I told them exactly how it was with my boat. Even requested a call from someone, gave several different phone #'s and email address. No response. I guess the survey isn't as important as they make you think. Although I really like my Z 7 I would not recommend or buy another Nitro. I took care of my problems my self. Skip, when you get your problems resolved I am sure you will enjoy your boat.:rolleyes:

And that's why I have a Champion now. 3 tracker dealers in a row that did not care. It's the dealer not the brand that turned me off. The first one had to special order a kill switch lanyard (with shiping)?

BF

Geez...sorry to hear of all the negativity. ALWAYS, ALWAYS, talk to the resident boaters, get on-line, etc, about the product and Dealer. I always tell my customers BEFORE they buy to ask around at the local lake for opinions on sales and service...get it from the horses mouth...word of mouth is OUR BEST form of advertisement. Everything has a service dept, including Mercedes, BMW, Ferrari, etc....they all break sooner or later......key is HOW is it all handled. From "A" to "Z". I wish all you guys were in my neck of the woods....;)

I talked to Jeff Gardner yesterday, waited for about 2 minutes on hold and he answered the phone. I found him to be very helpful and knowledgeable. Tracker Marine has always treated me right. I will say that other than buying my first Nitro (Z6) at BPS I have always dealt with my local Tracker dealer. Good luck with your problem.

One of the problems is separating the 'dealer' from BPS/NITRO Corporate. Bad dealers, will almost always be bad dealers. Period. That doesn't mean it is right, it simply means that they are what they are.

Much like the situation described above, you need to move 'up the reporting chain' and get someone else involved. I'm certain that if I was in your shoes, I'd be plenty pissed off and upset.

Try the person mentioned above and if you get to deal with them, remember this initially. Staying calm but firm will get you far further along.

Best of luck.

Tex

Off track a bit, but what I always recommend to buyers is to shop for a dealer and buy a boat line that they represent for the best long term relationship. When sold on a particular hull or rig that can be the "only one", again, shop for a dealer, then buy that boat they represent and service. ;)

I also firmly believe that we here in ATL are fortunate to have one of the best BPS/Tracker dealerships in the network. :D I guess I'm a little biased :rolleyes:, but I'd been part of and known the mgt. entrenched here since their beginning, back when we started out as BPS Sportsman's Warehouse in '95. I'm sure there are some folk along the way that would disagree with my sentiment, yet overall the units sold compared to problems incurred have been minimal in comparison. IMHO :cool:

Texas Transplant said "One of the problems is separating the 'dealer' from BPS/NITRO Corporate."

A big +1

I'm glad I didn't have to tell my life story when I had BPS problems :lol::lol:

Sorry Skip, I wish you the best from here on out. :D

Hey Guys,

I just want to thank everyone for their support and help!

I didn

If you still have issues that cannot be resolved, e-mail me and we'll give it a go. Exhaust local resources first.....;)

Latest posts

Back