Back from the Classic

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TritonGlenn

Reaction score
It was another great show, and I had a fun time. I was able to meet a few of the guys from this board this weekend, and I really appreciated them stopping by. We stayed slam-packed busy about 90% of the time, until the weigh-in times, and then business dropped to a crawl for a while. I'm recovering from the scene today. Got home at 1am this morning, and had to be at work at 6:30... so I'm hurting right now.

Toyota trucks were gratious enough to set up some very noisy displays right next to our booth. :p On day one, they light off the hydraulic pumps on this Toyota moving display about 10 feet from us. :blink: It was a truck on 4 hydraulicly operated bags that would bounce around while a screen played out a "virtual" off-road trip or something like that. ALL WEEKEND LONG.... "HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM". This morning, I think I'm still hearing "HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM". :wacko: Top that off with a nifty little kids corner event they had (not faulting them at all - it was very nice of them to have an event for the kids... BUT...)... they were hammering on little cut out fish plaques, and when they started getting low on them, the saws came out and we could hear them sawing, hammering, etc... on top of the fresh sawdust smell all weekend long.

I think the Toyota displays and kids events were very neat... but when you are trying to explain to a customer how a sonar / gps works, it's a little difficult to do over the noise of hydraulics, hammering, and power saws. :lol: I found myself and customers yelling back and forth to each other on several occasions. :lol:

I met a lot of really nice people, rubbed some elbows, caught up with old aquantances, and made some new ones.

Great show. I really enjoyed it. Now I get to recouperate until this coming weekend, when I head over to BPS Hampton to do another show.

All the best,

Glenn

Glenn - What's your schedule for Hampton? I plan to come down but not the weekend Hammer is in the fish tank in his merman suit. LOL

gotta love it Glenn....

I know what you mean. The two places I hate to be by in a show is the paintball booth and the cinnamon roasted almonds...

Bill,

Pretty much all day Saturday and Sunday for the next two weekends. I'm pretty beat right now. Hopefully, I'll feel better by this weekend.

Mini,

One of the worst was when a pro angler (don't know his name) that is sponsored by Hooters came over with the Hooters girls and wanted us all to take pictures with the girls in our booth. I don't think my wife would appreciate seeing me in a gaggle of Hooters girls up on some website or something somewhere, so I passed on the invite. :lol:

All the best,

Glenn

His name is Brad Wahl (sp?). I have met him a few times. He stole my idea about the Hooters Fishing Team (the local store here was one of my first sponsors). but he knows the original owners of Hooters....so I guess he wins...lol

I think I saw a pic on BBC with him and the girls in a boat. Nice guy.

Brad Wall...(I'm growing my goatee back....the dude looks like ME!!...WTF)

brad_wall_bassmaster.jpg

Wished I could have seen you at the classic Glenn. I was in and out pretty quick. Met some friends for dinner and didn't get to walk the whole show. Looked like a lot of fun.

HAHA...he looks like me! not you! lol

Chuck even commented on it. When he introduced us he said you have to meet your twin...lol

Latest posts

Back