Back after several years

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cass Caldwell2

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I started frequenting this site around 2003 when I bought my Tracker 175 Pro Crappie. Later, I bought a Nito 175 Sport. Well I starting fishing bass tournaments and the Fish & Ski just didn't cut it, so I went to a Triton. When I bought the Triton I didn't come back to the site too often because I felt disloyal. After the Triton I bought a Stratos. Well today I bought a Nitro 882 with a 150 Merc XR-6, and I will be visting the site again often.

I'm from TN, but I've been in the Air Force for 18 years and am stationed in Shreveport, LA, which is going to be the location for the 2012 Bassmaster's Classic in Feb 2012...can't wait!.

Anyway, I'm glad to be back as you guys always provided a wealth of information.

CassBass

Welcome back. Don't go over to lake Fork and get all the big bass out of it. I am from Oklahom City and try to come down your way at leat once a year. Good fishing.

So now that you have owned a few boats...

is there realy any differance?

What did you like about other boats over the Nitro?

When in the market for a used boat - its' more about what's out there.

Stuart, all of them had their pros/cons. The Triton felt really tight and put together well and rode really smooth, a little smoother than my Stratos. The Nitro fish/ski was a 17ft, so obviously it rode a little rough. Haven't had the new one out yet, but I'll be able to give you a good comparison soon. I got a really good deal on it that I just couldn't pass up.

I ask because I have a 1995 Nitro 170 & I am looking to move up to a newer boat if the right deal comes my way so it may not be a Nitro.

Either way if you move up to an 18 footer you'll notice a world of difference on the smoothness of the ride. To date, my Triton was probably the best, but we'll see with the new 882.

We don't care what your boat is...join in the fun and chaos:lol:

What TEE said!! Many, many here don't run NITRO's any longer but that doesn't change the fact there is a boatload of knowledge and good people here!! Welcome back.

TOXIC

Latest posts

Back