Attained absolute PERFECTION!!!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill McElroy

Reaction score
Man alive,..WHAT A WEEKEND!!! (and it's not even over yet!!)

Made it down to Mom's house safe and sound weds. pm. and we got the party started!! Thursday morning my brother and his 8yr old son and I went out to my buddy's farm for some a.m. deer hunting. We were in our spots by 715 and at 730 i saw 6 does run by!! At 830am i shot a NICE 190lb 5pt buck and we were back at mom's watching football by noon!! LOL. Friday morning we went pheasant hunting at 930am and by noon we were back at home again with 7 pheasants in the bag!! The weather both days was perfect for hunting...cool and breezy but not freezing cold.......we took my brother's 8yr old son Kyle with us both days and he got to see his uncle and his dad put on a hunting clinic for him in the BEST way!! LOL....We made sure to tell him,..."Kyle,..what you experienced this weekend was NOT normal....we don't get deer and pheasants like that EVER time we go......but it sure was awesome that it happened this way, this time with you and the whole family around to share in the excitement!!"....and that we did......we had a fabulous wild game dinner friday night that included charcoal grilled bacon wrapped duck breast, fried pheasant breasts, grilled venison back straps,...it was UNNN-Believable!!

My Bro's family got up and left this morning to go back to PA. and we arrived back home today at 430pm. We're unpacking now, doing laundry and then we'll go to the 7pm movie tonite ("National Treasure"). I'll be sure to post pix's of the deer and pheasants as soon as my bro emails me his digital pix's!! He was soooo stoked and happy for me,...it was the first deer i ever shot while hunting with him and it is my personal best too....I dropped him at 40yds with a 20ga. slug (one shot)...it's a NIIIICE deer fella's...really nice!!!!! (Will get a european mount of the skull and antlers for my man-cave with a pix of the 3 of us together next to it. My buddy came out as soon as he heard the shot, and he helped us drag it out,...and load it on the truck. He took some pix's with my camera and i'll be sure to reward his family with a bunch of primo steaks for letting us hunt his property,...he doesn't let amyone else hunt there,..i'm lucky to have friends like that!!..Gotta pay him BACK LOL!!)

Hope everyone is having a great weekend, and I'll post the pix's as they arrive.....stay safe,...peace out!!

Mac

Slow down there Mac or you're going to bust wide open:)

Glad you had a great time and no matter what you say, Kyle WILL expect it to go like that:)

Bill

Why to go Mac, nice buck and the pheasants are super eating, when I was in college in Nebraska I managed to chow a few down.

Buzz

P.S. If your unpacking and doing laundry, Kathy might ask why then are you on the computor..

GREAT MAN!! Good shooting too!!!! Sounds like a great weekend Mac, really does!!!

Carlos

Maybe those tips Carlos gave finally paid off right? LOL Good shootin'...nothing like meat in the freezer!

Donnie

You need to mount one of those wild ditch parrots also!! You know there is a way that you spread them out like a hide mount and they look really cool. Maybe Fatrap knows how....I know you lay them in Borax. Sounds like you had a blast....you deserve it!!

TOXIC

Tox,...I deffinitely wanted to get one of the pheasants mounted...but upon investigation of prices,...i can buy a pre-mounted bird from the BPS or Cabela's catalogs for $100.

...and to get one mounted from a local taxi is @2-3X that much!! My mallard is already going to cost $250 and with Xmas a month away, I don't really have the coin right now for another bird mount......BUT,...I am going to eventually order one (in a flying position) from the catalog after the holidays and put it in my man-cave. I've got some excellent photo's of our pheasant and duck hunts anyway, to put next to the mounts, so whether or not i actually shot that pheasant is irrelavent...it's the memories that are the real "trophies" anyway. This fall has turned out to be my BEST hunting season ever,..and to have Gordy and Kyle there was really cool!! My duck will be ready to pick-up @ March and I'll take the deer in this next week....European mounts are easy and faster than a shoulder mnt, so it'll be ready in late spring also. Now I need a Bear,...an Elk,..a Caribou,..a Moose,..a Grouse,..Turkey,..and a helluva bigger freezer!!

Anyway,..gotta run,..the coffee's ready and the gun needs cleanin'!!

Carry on!!

Mac

That's why I said the flat mount for the bird......I is just the hide. Doesn't cost squat and you can get creative with the mounting. It is the memories that count though!!

TOXIC

Sounds like we're on the same program, Mac. I want to do a 1/2 reverse Noah. He gathered 2 of every animal to save them, I want to kill 1 of everything to eat them.LOL

Gene

Congrats Mac. Sounds like you had a great time, and to have that kind of success with your nephew there was pretty sweet! BTW, how'd you like the movie? Kat and I went yesterday morning (gotta love Monddays off. There were maybe 8 other people in the theatre).

And Gene...ROTFLMAO Dude!!! Thats funny stuff right there!

Craig

Latest posts

Back