ATT Uverse installed!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrepMan

Reaction score
OK so ATT showed up at 9am on schedule, total down time for us was 5 hours, mostly because I couldn't remember which setting on my IBM Thinkpad I needed on our internal security software!! LOL

The quality of the TV, at least for the first time viewing is much better then our DirectTV (its NOT HD nor was my Direct TV as I have no HD TVs). Telephone seems just fine, Internet is twice as fast for the same price as my DSL was. Have my Vonage hooked up and working for work, and we are trying to figure out how to use the free DVR that came with it!! LOL Seems pretty cool package, $400 back from ATT for doing it online, over 2 years saves us about $150 and we get more channels, all 3 TVs get all the channels (built into the fees, like Cox or Sat), and the DVR allows any of the 3 TVs to record and play, its just the main TV with the DVR that can pause live programing.

So we are moving into the mid-2000's technology-wise, now have to decide after Noah's Bar Mitzvah, and Summer Camp, in the fall if I want a HD TV.

Let all y'all know if any problems arrise.

Congrats, I got Uverse this summer and splurged on the HD. I actually saved money by dropping my regular phone line and using the one with Uverse, and droping Direct TV Non HD.

We also bought a 52 " TV this year. All this has caused a slight weight gain.

LOL!!! I'll reserve judgement till i've had it a while and see if the 6 megabit internet stays that way, with the IP phone and IP TV. MY biggest problem with DSL is I do all my work on the computer, Vonage for calls during the day, and when the kids get on the internet the voice quality on Vonage will get bad. It has to be better!

Congrats! We just kicked Time Warner to the curb and had AT&T Uverse installed last week. After TW messed up our bill again (They said we ordered the "Spanish Channel package" - and nobody in my house speaks or understands Spanish), we had enough. The straw that broke the camels back - It took Time Warner TWO WEEKS to call us back on the problem. By that time, my wife had already called AT&T to arrange hook-up.

Couldn't be happier. TV has tons more channels, HD is great, phone is clear, internet is quick. Wish we had done this from the start.

All the best,

Glenn

The product really speaks for itself. I sign up more customers for Uverse every day. With the cash back incentives, or monthly promo's - it is hard to beat. We even knock money off our cell phones when you sign up with us. I have worked for the company for over 11 years now and this is truly cool stuff. How many more months till summer ?:blink:

Trep - the VOIP problem is common. It works fine if the internet line is not getting much use, but will start dropping words (every other, every third, etc) when there is heavy Internet traffic from your computer or other computers.

In short, as most know, you can only push so much water down a small pipe, and no more.

I'm about to get into an argument with TW on my service. I CANNOT sign into my work VPN at the apartment. I can get in and get authorized (after some 20 minutes waiting), but the connection only stays active for a very few minutes befor the security in it disconnects me.

Going to go with AT&T Uverse myself, given that they can now install in our area.

Tex

Is the Uverse a fiber optic connection?

We dont have it up here in the north east but Verizon has the Fios fiber optic service and i went with that a couple of years ago and its fantastic. The TV just kills Comcast cable in picture quality and i have the 20mbs internet service and its great. The best part is i get cable/ internet and phone for not much more then what Comcast was charging in my area for just extended basic TV.

Jim - It is Fiber and I believe similar to the Fios (by the way everyone I know with Fios LOVES it, just not available here), what the installer did tell me is fiber is currently in our neighboorhood to the box in the front year, but NOT to the house, but we can still get it through the twisted pair to the house and then they undo and recable/connect through the house. I figure/understand speeds would be even higher for us if we had fiber to the house, but not necessary like I believe with Fios.

For such a short run I doubt you would be able to tell any difference. My house is FO and my brother's neighborhood is (now) and he has a 100' plus run and I can't tell the difference. Two of our HD TV's are identical (got a deal) and I cannot perceive any difference. What was your impedence, if your installer happened to mention?

You're really going to miss it on the road when you get used to it. My hotel last week was limited to say the least. I've had it for a while and I know I wouldn't want to go back. Enjoy! :D

Trep,

Fios is fiber to the house then they break it up from there at the box. My tv's arent connected direct with fiber, its coax that runs from the fiber box outside to the tv. For the internet there is a cat5 cable that runs out of the fiber box and phone copper.

Congrats Trep, Hope you like it as much as we do here, we'd gone through Dish Network, Comcast, and DirecTv before settling on Uverse a while back.

Couldn't be happier, We didn't go with the highest speed internet, but it's still fast enough to download a song or whatever in seconds.

Right after install, there was one small problem, which the installer warned us might happen, and it did. I can't remember the specifics, but all we had to do was call customer service and the guy at the other end did a few things on that end,problem solved within a couple minutes, and not one glitch or problem since then for over a year now. Enjoy it!

Latest posts

Back