AT&T UVerse up and running successfully

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Texas Transplant

Reaction score
Well, the tech arrived on time and did spend several hours running wires and getting us all hooked up. Thanks to all for the heads up on this, for we knew what to expect. Everything was done very professionally, and all the wiring and outlets look fine.

I checked out the wireless Internet Service first, and it came up and ran without a hitch. He made sure both of our laptop's were configured and working. Using 6mb transfer at the moment, and I'll see how it goes. First impressions are that it will be fine. All pages are loading normally, and I certainly can see improvements when I'm 'goofing around' either on FB or playing Texas Hold Em on Poker Stars.

We got the U300 package, so I took a first swipe at setting up 'favorites'. One really nice thing they have done, is that if you have a local channel 5 (our current NBC affiliate) it shows up as 5 on the guide/remote - and the HD version is simply 1005. That, is much easier than remembering that Local 5 on the Time Warner cable maps to 363 in HD.

We will be turning off Time Warner today, and returning the box. I'm sure there will be a fight with them over cancellation fees, but that's okay. In this economy, I'm getting used to this.

So, the rating that I have right now is very good. Quality of picture/sound is very good to excellent. The only drawback that I have found that I haven't been able to look at further, is that the audio level on the TV needs to be quite a bit higher (on both of my TV's). Of course, I haven't tried to figure that one out as yet.

Overall rating: :D :D :D

Tex

Latest posts

Back