Nice Day at Lake Winnisquam

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Kayaker

Reaction score
I had a real nice day fishing Lake Winnisquam with my brother. The spawn was on and we caught about two dozen smallies before we decided to move on to another part of the lake to hunt for largemouth. I caught about 10 largemouth with ranges from 1lb to a chunky 4 lb'er.

We ran into JimB and one of his friends - next year we need to plan and get a bunch of people up there all at once as it is a real blast. I might go up again next weekend. We have a really cool 2 minute movie of me casting and catching a smallie which if my brother posts it, I will send the link.

Here are the pics! Bill, The Mad Kayaker

This is one of the smallies. The size ran from about 2lbs to 3 lbs.

2lb%208%20oz%20Smallie%20Lake%20Winnisquam%20May%2026%202007.jpg

Here is a picture of one of the largemouth. Had a 4lb'er but the picture was bad.

2lb%2013%20oz%20Larry%20Lake%20Winnisquam%20May%2026%202007.jpg

Not Lake Winnisquam, but taken a few weeks ago - biggest largemouth of the year so far 4.75 lbs.

Bill%20with%20Largemouth%20No1%20May%2013%202007%204by3.jpg

Nice fish Bill.

If ya plan ahead next year, I'd like to make the trip over from VT.

Bob G.

Nice Bill,

i am heading out to Bow as i type.

check your last post. i left you a report on Knopps.

I would also be in for an outing for us N.E. fisherman.....

GregD

Thanks Greg. I might head over to Knopps Pond later today. Hey - when you fishing Cobbetts? The largemouth fight like aggressive smallies and you and your son should have fun there.

Let me know how you make out on Bow. I know someone is going under the bridge to pick up a HUGE largemouth or two after getting tired of smallmouth bass ... ;)

Bill, the Mad Kayaker

Bill,

fished Bow yesterday, the bite was a little slow. some beds in the shallows. mostly 1lb bucks.

i would think the fish should be in full throtle this coming week.

i was tring to get out to Cobbets today. but that just isn't going to happen. i have sox tickets tonight. so i will be just hanging around the house. seems like a good day to wax the boat.

look for us at the game, we will be sitting front row, seats 1&2 next to the Red Sox bench.

GregD

Latest posts

Back