are tm mounted and transom transducers the same?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I bought a garmin 160 last week and I want to mount it up front. Can I just get a big hose clamp and mount it to the trolling motor or do I have to contact garmin and buy a differnt trans.? Thanks

Ron

Try the hose clamp idea first,...that's the cheapest and easiest way to get on the water fast...but if it wont work

Garmin may exchange it for you,...i don't know what their policy is regarding that, but most mfgr's do make T/M "specific" transducers....I've been using hose clamps for years on my lowrance 'ducers!!

Mac

ive had my eagle that way since 1994,with the skimmer transducer,and never had a problem with it.the only thing is if you bump bottom you have to straighten the transducer out,but other than that,no problems.i had the sidescan transducer on it the same way before i switched to the minnkoda,i didnt put it back on.hardly ever used the sidescan,so why put it back on!

I bought a garmin 100 and it also came with the transom transducer. I tried to hook it up with the hose clamp but it doesnt have a bracket that would work. Garmins is not like humminbird's transducers that will mount to anything. I called garmin and they switched it for me for a small fee plus shipping for one of the puck style with temp. I dont think it was any more than $20.00 or so.

Trackerron - just a confirmation from a Non-Garmin owner. I mounted my Eagle transducer (The transom kind) to my trolling motor with the pipeclamp, just had to bend the edges of the transducer mounting bracket a bit to have it fit the round bottom of the trollong motor.

I just installed a Garmin 160 on my trolling motor. It came with a TM ducer. I'd get it switched out if you can. Much better mount. In this case, I'd rather have the one designed for the trolling motor.

Tex

I called and they swapped mine out for free. It's designed for the TM so no special rigging is needed!

Latest posts

Back