Appreciating my old Tracker

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dick Durbin

Reaction score
I have a 1984 Tournament TX with a 2006 50 hp 2 stroke Mercury. I rarely burn more than a six gallon tank of gas in a day's fishing.

I just got in from a weekend fishing with my club where I fished out of another member's 22 ft. Triton with a 300 hp Mercury. The deal was that at the end of the weekend we would split the cost of the gas we burned for the two days. The gas pump stopped at $100!!

I've been spoiled fishing cheap.

I understand pefectly. I have a 2001 Nitro Sport F&S 175 with a 75 hp, 2-stroke Tracker (Merc.). Top end @ 45 mph, which is plenty fast enough for me. My gas costs are quite tolerable.

Hearing you from the OTHER end! Used to fill up the Tracker after running at least four trips out and about on Lake Anna or the Potomac. On the G3 with the 150hp outboard, its at least every other - and sometimes on longer Potomac runs, its every trip!

Our club does the $20.00 fee for non-boaters. Probably a little low, but also keeps you from going broke when someone else burns through the fuel. In my Stratos (150 Rude) I rarely run over 40-45 mph on the lake. Get's me there in plenty of time, and doesn't just drain the tank.

Tex

in that same "appreciation mode" Oldbiker. Theres been some days I havent even hit the key, just drop the troller and wander around, and, if the wind is right, drift most of the way back. Most of my 5 or 6 "local" lakes are 10 mph limit anyway. Even when out on the couple that are bigger, that 6 gallon can doesnt run dry unless I DONT fish and just run around. With retirement looming, its my future gig.. wandering aimlessly.

In iowa our lakes are so small if we started the "big engine" on most of our lakes they splash out all the water and leave em dry. The 150 Opti doesn't get much use unless I go North to the big pond.

fatrap

The MN lakes I fish are typically pretty small and I fish right from the landing and use the troller mostly.

I fish every weekend and have barely used 1/2 tank this year on my 60hp Merc 4 stroke....and that includes a couple joy rides and towing a pontoon accross a lake when he had trouble.

Great on gas but I need to find a way to burn off some gas at the end of season to ensure a fresh tank through winter storage. Boy...it hurts to think about that already.

it probably aint the best thing to do, but I;ve been "disposing" of boat mix by just using it in the snowblower through the winter. After 10 years on this 'blower, I dont seem to have a mix ratio problem to worry about. At this point if the snow blower dies and siezes, I got me a good reason for a 2-stage with heated handles!

No fuel worries here, my 16' Lowe rig has a tm on the front and rear. Waters around here are electric-only. Towing to the lake doesn't cost much either, as the lake is only 2 miles from the house. I like my little tin rig :)

http://www.nitroowners.com/memberlib.asp?

Latest posts

Back