Anyone up for a Rally Fathersday Weekend June 19-20th?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrepMan

Reaction score
Gang - Due to other family commitments, i'm 100% FREE on the entire Father's Day weekend! I feel the need to FISH! Since it's been YEARS since we've had a Rally, i'm willing to spear head the thing if anyone else is available to join me on that weekend. I know a lot of Dads will be spending the weekend with their families and Kids, or on summer vacation, but let's see if anyone else is interested.

I'm in North GA, so would be willing to drive 4-5 hours north-east-west to meet up. So whats a good lake / area we could target that early summer weekend with good fishing and facilities??

Or i'm happy to host it down here and we could fish Carters Lake, and my place is open for lodging! The other 2 lakes near me Allatoona and Lanier will be a MESS on a summer weekend.

Anyone else in??

Greg,

Nashville, TN is about 4 hours north.

Sounds good. Im from over at lafayette and have some friends that may want to fish. Just keep us posted.

Trep, great idea, would love to, but have commitments that weekend.

Hope y'all can pull it off.

No can do. Bass season opens on Lake St Clair that weekend. I have tournaments both days.

I really want to hit one of these get togethers unfortunately my daughter and I will be in Florida for the volleyball nationals she will be playing in. Then I will be hitting one of the Disney lakes!

Randy!

Trep,

Count me in as a definite maybe. Fishing that weekend not a problem at all, getting there and back 'may' be the fly in the oinment. But I'll work on it. Just need to see if I can get something decent in advance, as I'll likely fly in.

Tex

I know Fathers Day weekend isn't the best, but lets see who's available and we'll FISH!

Justin - Lafayette where? Indiana? Lousiana? California??? LOL!!

Lets keep the post going and see over the next few weeks who's interested, and pick a lake, then we can start looking at where to stay.

Trep

Put me down as a maybe depending on location.

LaFayette, Ga. Carters is about an hour east of us. Have you thought about any of the alabama lakes?

Totally COOL Justin! I didn't even KNOW after 15 years there was a Lafayette, GA! It looks like Dan and I may hit Carters (1 hour north of me) on Saturday this week.

I am COMPLETELY open to lakes, never been to Alabama fishing, we just gotta think on a Fathers' Day weekend which lakes will be the LEAST full of idiots!

We gotta hook up and fish!

Trep

If it's anywhere near me, I'd be happy to help with organizing. I've always wanted to fish Guntersville but that may not be central to everyone. Heard Lake Wheeler is pretty good fishing in Alabama. Never been there though.

Sounds like a HOOT, but that weekend is problematic for me. I'm willing to try if possible! :D

OK getting closer to June! Looks like Teri suggestion for lake Guntersville sounds great, I've ALWAY wanted to fish Lake Guntersville, and its only 3 hours from here!

So, anyone up for Guntersville, and anyone ever been there and have a suggestion of a location to try and find hotels/cabins?

Trep

Just about every hotel/motel in Eufala is well equipped for travelling fisher-folks. Chewalla has great grub, too! Ledge fishing on the Big G should be in full swing by then and some big bags will be had. Wish I could meet up with y'all, but that holiday with my two little boys and leaving for my yearly Canada trip the next week puts me at home. Y'all have a good-un!! :D

Boy, if someone would want someone to go along with them to split expenses, I'm more than willing to travel but I can't pull a boat. I'd have to be a rider but I'm sure Nancy would give me enough money to hand over to whomever wanted to go but needed monetary help! She'd probably pay you more to get me out of her hair!:rolleyes:

Uncle Billy

Latest posts

Back