Anyone done a deck extension on a 170DC?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Droke

Reaction score
Has anyone done a deck extension to a 170DC? I am considering doing it to mine for the added space. The deck on the 170dc stops behind the front seat. I figured could attach some angles to the inside (maybe aluminum) and cut and carpet a new board to fit flush.

Just curious if anyone has any tricks or has done one before. I checked out the grab bag about projects on our website. It has one listed for 170dc but will not load up anymore. Any input is appreciated. Still waiting to get my boat out of the shop, man it is killing me missing these great weather weekends we are having here in west tn.

I made one for mine years ago. I ordered the carpet from Tracker along with the tabs to pull the rod lockers open. I made a template out of heavy cardboard and duct tape trimming it with a straigt edge and box cutter to get all the angles the right way so the top would be flush and level with the deck. Then took it apart and used those measurement to cut my exterior plywood after treating the plywood with several coats of polyurethene. It fit snug looked storebought and went with the boat when I sold it.

fatrap

what did you use to attach the board with fatrap? Was yours a permanent installation or removable? I thought I would use aircraft aluminum angle and put flat aluminum on the inside of both rod boxes for added strength. what do you think?

I put it all together with dry wall screws and regular carpet glue. It was removeable and it looked like it was part of the boat not an add on. There was enough room under it to put a small cooler. I also covered the underside so when you looked under it was all carpet.

fatrap

THANKS FOR THE INPUT GUYS. I THINK I WILL MAKE IT A PERMANENT INSTALL. I SEE NO REASON TO EVERY NEED IT OUT AND IF SO WITH A WRENCH OR TWO IT WILL BE REMOVABLE, GUESS THAT MAKES IT SEMI-PERMANENT.

Latest posts

Back