Anybody have the Hummingbird 400TX?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOMMY RICH

Reaction score
My dad gave me a new one he just bought from BPS for $125 on sale back before Christmas. I'm givin' him my 128 that came stock on my 185 for his little 14 footer. Any pro's or con's and would I be better to mount the transducer on the bottom step of the notched transom ?

Thanks,

TEE

I have the 400 mounted on the bow of my Avalanche with the transducer mounted on my trolling motor. I like the 400, the detail on the screen is pretty good.

TEE,

I would test the transducer inside the hull of your boat before committing it to the outside. If you cannot get it to work satisfactorily there, than I would consider I would try it on the outside.

Greg Walters

Senior QC Technician

Techsonic Industires, Inc.

(Humminbird)

Greg...will it shoot thru .100 aluminum without sacrificing too much signal?

TEE

Have the 400tx, works fine for me, (transom mount, with speed/temp)

Thinking about getting another400tx for trolling motor mount, to replace the 128 that came with boat, which I moved there after getting the 400tx. Unfortunately I paid twice what they're now going for at BPS, arrgh!egMike

I have one at the console and at the bow of the boat. They have worked fine for the last three years. The bow one freaked out a little on a really hot day but worked again after it cooled off. I have my sensor mounted to the outside of the transom.

TEE,

Modern commercial depth sounders are not designed to send a signal through metal hulls - no matter how thick. You will have to mount in on the outside of your boat. Sorry for the mis-information but thought you had a fiberglass hull.

Greg Walters

Senior QC Technician

Techsonic Industries, Inc.

(Humminbird)