Antenna ratchet mount

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian J

Reaction score
Having an issue attempting to install my vhf antenna ratchet mount. I've got a 2011 Targa 18 WT and am trying to mount the hardware on the passenger side gunnel. I am trying to install it with a piece of plywood under the gunnel for extra support. The issue is, I can't reach far enough up under the gunnel to hold the wood in place. I can not reach it from the side storage compartment, nor can I reach it from under the passenger console. There is an opening that allows me to reach up under the gunnel from under the console, but again, I can't reach far enough. My last hope at this point was to remove the speaker, which I did, but there is a bowl shaped backing that is somehow attached to the plywood. So I'm stumped at this point on how to go about this. Wondering if anyone else has run in to this or has an idea of how to mount the hardware??? Thanks in advance for any suggestions!! -- Brian

Latest posts

Back