Another nx750 Question

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Fischer

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have another boat I'm looking at that is being sold on ebay. Do you think this price that it is currently at is OK for the boat? It is a nx750 with a 125hp Merc, looks like 4 stroke.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190309808747&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:Watchlink:middle:us

Any thoughts? Thanks!

Mike

Mike - If its in good condition as described i'd say under $9k for a 2002 with the 125 ELPTO Merc (its the Carb'd motor, not the 4 stroke the picture with the invoice states ELPTO), I don't buy 60+mph, my 700lx 115 Merc pushing a 25p Turbo prop has 2-3 times hit 57, so that boat with a 26p as in the picture MIGHT tick 60.0000 light in a cold morning.

But, boat looks good i'd be comfortable paying $9 (if the motor checks out, best $100 you can spend when you buy it, make it conditional on a full motor inspection including compression check).

OK thanks for the info: So you're saying that this is a carb'd motor rather than EFI? Does that make a difference? Nice to know that this particular model + accessories could pull 9k, might be a little high for me. Thanks!

Mike - I'm not motor head, but from seeing the pic of the title it states 125 ELPTO, this is NOT the EFI motor. Only difference (and to be honest I don't remember a 125 EFI, I think (again i'm an IT guy not a motor guy) they moved the 115/125 from Carb'd to Opti and it was the 150HP and above that had the EFI step in between, so it will eat more gas then an EFI, but is basically bullet proof if taken care of.

(I'm only guessing $9k given the year/shape/motor (that boat is rated I believe to 135hp, which they did not make in 2002, so that has the Max HP which is a good thing. I see the latest bid is $6,900, as with other boats make sure you get the right of refusal if on inspection by a mechanic/personal you don't want it (Search Teri's issues with her new/used boat). It does have a new 70lb 24vlt trolling motor and I assume batteries, which is great! My 700lx has a 52lb 12 vlt motor the prior owner (Who runs this site) installed and I love it, so that trolling motor will rock with that boat!

Now you are getting me exciting about fishing again, and i'm stuck in Amsterdam till tomorrow and its 50 and rainy here!LOL

Trep

I've never bought anything like this outside of a car, so I don't know much about the right of refusal so thanks for opening up that possibility. That is something restrictive to Ebay, or any boat purchase?

Also, thanks for the info. Its nice to have other owners around to ask questions of.

Yeah I am in the same boat as you (no pun intended) IT guy who loves to fish and is looking to make the first boat purchase. I like the idea of staying under 10k, and it looks like this has been taken care of, so we'll see how it goes.

Thanks!

For those who are interested, ELPTO stands for Electric start, Long shaft, Power Trim, Oil injected. They were all 2 stroke carburated models too.

NoCAL

Latest posts

Back