2002 Nitro nx750

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Fischer

Reaction score
Hey I have a question for the Nitro owners out there. I will soon be in the market for an entry level bass boat, and find Nitro to be a very solid choice on the exterior. I don't know much about pricing right now, but I wanted to see if someone could tell me if a 2002 nx750 listed at 6,995 was a good deal. The details are below.

W/Trailer (swing away tounge)

90hp Tracker/Mercury motor (2stroke I think)

It is on Ebay and I'm using the current price (Auction ends tomorrow) as what I think it will sell for. (Could go upwards of 7,500 ish)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270384519206&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:MOTORS:1123

Any ideas?

Is the boat in your area? I am always cautious (just ask Teri) of buying a boat without seeing/touching/driving it first. Will the owner/seller let you drive it before buying it or is it a

Price sounds decent, not a great deal, but not bad if the boat is in good condition (that boat will be OK with the 90hp but not a speed demon, you might hit 50mph down hill in the wind :) When you buy any boat see if you can get maintenance records, check everything out inside/out...

Trep

Trep, you should sell him your boat and buy my Ranger now that I have fixed just about everything on it.:D

Please do not buy site unseen. I am still working on mine although I turned out to be ok in the end. Lots of hours though.

NADA says average retail is $6150, boat/motor/trailer. can't see the listing so don't know if theere is enough "above NADA" stuff to warrant $7K.

Mike sold my 2003 NX750 for $8300. I had upgraded the Trolling Motor and Electronics. Added a SS Prop. NADA lists them with the standard package 75hp motor.

Hey Mike,

If you're not too far from the seller give him a call and try to do a little haggling!

He knows he's overpriced that rig but was hoping for a "Oh, I just have to have that buyer." It looks to me that the seller is some kind of dealer as his e-bay name is

Boatsmotorsnparts:rolleyes:

Marty priced it for you. From what I read in the listing there wasn't anything extra on the boat to warrant what he's asking at all!! If fact there's a couple of things that should lower the price, like only one seat.

Where did you get the price of $6,995? All I saw was the starting bid he asked for and that was $5,500.00 and the "buy it now" price is $8500.

Uncle Billy

Thanks for the information: My constraints are truly garage length and price second. I know it's always best to power up and max out the boat with as much HP as it will support, but sometimes, especially with the newer ones, you're talking 2500-3000 difference in price for a 90hp to a 115hp upgrade.

Do you guys know where I should be looking, outside of the normal locations for used Nitro's in the 17ft range. I really can't go much longer than 19'8" in total length from motor to tounge (Folded In)

When I was looking to sell my Tracker I used Craiglist, local bait shops/gas stations, boattraderonline.com and websites (this one, local fishing sites, bassboatcentral.com...)

Latest posts

Back