All Star Classic WRI 6'6" Medium Heavy

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gene owen

Reaction score
does anyone know what the "WRI" acronym stands for in the following all star rod lable?

All Star Classic WRI 6'6" Medium Heavy

"Worm Rod"....it's their number 1 selling rod of all time. I have a couple!! LOVE'em!

thanks. i fish both the all star and american rodsmith. both are excellent and priced right.

got the All Star Classic WRI 6'6" Medium Heavy for a gift yesterday wasnt sure what i had. like the old adage "dont look a gifthorse in the mouth"

I use to be sponsored by All Star a few years back...before they were sold to K2....I had 2-3 WR1's and a couple WR2's..........the WR2 was designed by Zell Rowland...and it's a helluva nice spinnerbait rod if you ever need one for that!! Soft tip and a lot of backbone.....nice for jerkbaits too!!;)

WR1's are just that a Worm Rod. 6'6" med hvy.

WR2's are heavier in action. 6'6" hvy.

mac you are thinking of the SBR1 and SBR2's. Those were designed by Zell for spinnerbaits (6'4" and 6'8" respectively). They were a longer/heavier version of the TWS rod. Light action tip with a gradual change to med hvy backbone. Excellent action.

And thats all I have to say about that! :)

Latest posts

Back