All American official practice

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob LaMoy

Reaction score
Ugh.....things are VERY different from practice and everybody's feeling it. Now the popular opinion is that it will only take 10-12 lbs a day on the boater side to make the cut. Almost all of my waypoints are now dry land and it doesn't look like the water will come up enough to cover them. Plus I need sunshine to push the fish into the cover but it's cloudy and looks like it will stay that way. So tomorrow, I'm just going fishing. The dock talk is very negative. Most guys are having the same problem. It will likely be a guy that didn't find anything today and just goes fishing and lucks into them or figures it out. But with only 4 hrs to fish....we don't get a lot of time to figure much....I'll take the luck.

So I'm just going fishing tomorrow and trying to match the hatch...there are tons of shad busting all over and you can see the wakes of fish chasing them....must be bass right? Can anyone say spinnerbait and fluke?

I'll try to post tomorrow and let everyone know how it went. It's really anyone's game right now.

Keep your spirits up Rob!!! I always liked spinnerbaits on cloudy days but not over very deep water unless you're just going to yo-yo them. And with spinnerbaits I also followed a fairly old adage that I learned from a fairly old Pro:p, "Bright Day-Bright Lure, Dark Day-Dark Lure". With the shad busting all over I might also be tempted to try a RattleTrap in shad color. Good Luck my friend..

Uncle Billy

Rob is in top 10 but everyone hasn't weighed in yet. (9 lbs 5 oz.):)

Latest posts

Back