Ahhh... my ol' girl is fixed. New Charger installed

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TritonGlenn

Reaction score
There's just something about replacing an item with another one of the exact same quality after many years of excellent service. My new 2631A Guest charger arrived from IMarine two days ago, and I finally got some time yesterday evening to install it. It's great not to have to drill new holes in the cramped quarters of a boat bilge area. Just four bolts in the original holes, run the lines, connect everything and plug it in. Red lights for a few minutes... Red and Green lights a very short time later... Then green across the board. Batteries charged up and ready for the next trip!

For those interested in buying a Guest charger and can't find them locally - IMarine had one of best online prices, and very fast shipping.

All the best,

Glenn

Kudos! It's unsettling when your boat is in repair and incredibly comforting when you get her back to snuff. Now go enjoy it with peace of mind! ;)

Glenn, I missed it. What happened to the other one? I think I have a bank going bad on mine..it is veryyy slow to light up when i plug in after being on the water

Did you need conversion cables and a T for the install? :p

Glenn, I missed it. What happened to the other one? I think I have a bank going bad on mine..it is veryyy slow to light up when i plug in after being on the water

Well Carlos, you missed a good one. Here's what happened:

There I was, fishing Falcon Lake in southern Texas, right on the border between Texas and Mexico. All of a sudden these 6 Mexican drug lords in a Gambler bass boat come flying up with AR-15's blazing. The only thing that was between them and me was the stern of my boat and my trusty Guest 2631A... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

OK... what really happened: :rolleyes:

It just stopped working completely one day. I went to change over from my 3 bank 2631 to my 1 bank 2608 that is on my cranking battery. All the lights were out on the 2631. I checked all the fuses, disconnected all the leads and then reconnected them, but nothing. Not one light. No hum, no nothing.

Unfortunately, Ms. Sue DeLely and Ms. Sonya Cook no longer work there. I'm not going to say anything further regarding their customer service / marketing departments. :rolleyes:

All the best,

Glenn

Did you need conversion cables and a T for the install?

Naw! The only part I needed was a 1/4" lock washer. I dropped one while re-installing the cables to my first trolling motor battery. It now belongs to the bilge monster. :lol: I'm normally really good (read as "anal retentive") about keeping spare stainless hardware in a little 3700 box, but I was completely out of 1/4" lock washers, so a trip to Lowes was required. Ah... lifes little hurdles. I went in there for a .10 cent washer and walked out with a receipt well over $20. :lol:

All the best,

Glenn

"Ah... lifes little hurdles. I went in there for a .10 cent washer and walked out with a receipt well over $20."

And, this was a surprise... ???? Ace Hardware, et al have that written into the statutes in my home state... It is illegal to leave without spending at least 10 times your intent!:rolleyes:

I tried to order one, and thought that the order and paypal payment went through, but it didn't. I'll have to try again.

Tex

Back