Adding hydraulic fluid?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris F.

Reaction score
I need to add some hydraulic fluid at the helm. I have Seastar hydraulic fluid and I bought the filler kit also. Do I just screw it on and fill to the top? I have a 2003 901. Thanks in advance, Chris F.:unsure:

Chris - Unless you are really low on fluid and need to bleed the lines you should be able to fill it to the top using the filler kit. If you lose all the fluid you will need to bleed the system. Hope this helps!

Go to the SeaStar website......get the manual. You dont want to hit an air pocket in a turn at 50 MPH!

I hate the "fill kit" that comes with the SeaStar steering kit. I put one on my last boat, and it was a pain in the you know what. If you are just slightly low, I recommend using a "Injector" syringe. I have tons of them from the many bottles of "Cajun Injector" and similar seasoning mixes that you inject into steak, etc... Since I have a bunch of them, I just designated one as "hydraulic fluid", and keep it (cleaned off) in a bag in my garage, right next to the SeaStar fluid container (which by the way, keeping with my redneck ways - is kept in a Mason Jar, as it was much better than that flimsy plastic bottle the fluid came in):lol: If you need one of those syringes, and can't find one locally, I'd be happy to mail you one, as I have about a dozen laying around.

All the best,

Glenn

Glenn, I have some of those syringes. I assume the main concern is not to get any bubbles into the system. Thanks forthe offer, Chris F.

Latest posts

Back