A new Pro Angler in the family

• Thread starter Mark Hofman [URL]http://proanglersassociation.com/
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Hofman

Reaction score
Got this message via e-mail last week. Heidi is a cousin of mine. Spent a few summers at Lake Mattoon in central Illinois together. Her husband, Luke, has invited me to go fishing a few times and to participate in a local tournament he runs. I think I'm going to have to take him up on either of those offers!

MO

Subject: Good News for the Estels

I know some of you already know - but I just wanted to share some exciting news that we have gotten in the last couple of days!

First - Luke just returned from Florida for a B.A.S.S. tournament and finished 12th place out of 200 boaters. This was the first time that he was able to make the cut and not to mention he finished in the top 20! We are so excited for him - as this was a dream for him.

This second one is kind of hard to explain - but I will do my best! Luke was accepted into the PAA (Professional Anglers Association) about a year ago. This Association is made up of 230 anglers nation wide. This was a huge honor to get in and he was so excited about it. The PAA is hosting a Toyota Texas Bass Classic in April and only 160 anglers were invited to participate. They were ranked and picked by the association. Luke waited and waited for his letter and never got it. He was absolutely gutted! Yesterday, he got a phone call about 2:30 p.m. from Gene Ellison (Exec. Director of the PAA) telling him that he was #1 on the waiting list and that a spot had opened up for him to participate. This might not sound like a big deal - but the total prizes that will be awarded are a grand total of 1 million dollars! First place will receive $250,000!!! It is a team format, where Luke will be fishing on a team of 4 professional anglers. So, if by chance his team was to place #1 - Luke would take home $62,500.00! The event will be televised on CBS! It is April 13-15 in Lake Fork, Texas. The best news for me is that Luke is taking me and the girls with him to Texas. Clay Walker and Tracy Lawrence are performing live at the weigh-in, and they will have a lot of activities for the whole family. We are so excited!

This is a once-in-a-lifetime experience for Luke and he says it will be like fishing the Bassmaster Classic! He will be fishing with pros like Mike Iconelli, Denny Brauer, Kevin Van-Dam, Mark Davis, Shaw Grigsby,and his good friend Mark Menendez. He is absolutely on CLOUD NINE!!!

Since he was just called yesterday - they don't have his name on the website yet and we are not sure exactly what team he will be placed on.

The website is: http://www.toyotatexasbassclassic.com

Great news here at the Estel house. I guess 2007 will bring our family lots of traveling to attend these tournaments. We will return on April 16th only to have Luke leave again on April 27th for a tournament in South Carolina!

Thanks for letting me share our news!!!

(Next Day...) It's official - his name is listed on a team now. I believe he is team #31. Check out the website

Heidi

http://proanglersassociation.com/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=136&Itemid=1

Great news for your family... It will be fun to "watch" him now that we know we have a connection...:D

Latest posts

Back