a joke for ya

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JEFF WHITE

Reaction score

From the State where drinking and driving is considered a sport, comes a story from Pennsylvania. Recently a routine police patrol parked outside a local neighborhood bar. Late in the evening the officer noticed a man leaving the bar so intoxicated that he could barely walk. The man stumbled around the parking lot for a few minutes with the officer quietly observing. After what seemed an eternity and trying his keys on five different vehicles, the man managed to find his own car which he fell into. He was there for a few minutes as a number of other patrons left the bar and drove off. Finally he started the car, switched the wipers on and off (it was a dry night), flicked the hazard flasher on and off, tooted the horn and then switched on the lights.

He moved the vehicle forward a few inches, reversed a little and then remained stationary for a few more minutes as more patrons left in their vehicles. At last he pulled out of the parking lot and started to drive slowly down the street. The police officer, having patiently waited all this time, now started up his patrol car, put on the flashing lights, promptly pulled the man over and carried out a breathalyzer test. To his amazement the Breathalyzer indicated no evidence of the man having consumed alcohol at all! Dumbfounded, the officer said

Hell Jeff... I actually fell for that! Sorta... Too embarrassing to tell the details...But, sometimes your best efforts don't get results!

greg,you been able to get on walleyecentral.com lately?i havent been able to get through for a week?

Jeff,

Just got on at 8:53am CDT... do this... while still connected to your internet provider...from the Start Menu go to a DOS prompt...type "ping walleyecentral.com" hit "return"...you should get a reply from 209.177.104.19...if you don't...e-mail me at [email protected] and I'll work on why you are having a problem...Also can you get to other sites like yahoo.com...There may be a problem with your internet provider's DNS servers...We can try some work arounds... let me know.

greg,ping comes back the same as what you gave me.same ip#"s.im wondering if they blocked a group of ip#'s of people who were posting crap there.been sice friday last week i noticed it.i lost a few other sites also.i guess ill have to get in touch with my ip to see if they have a problem or not.

missed a monster walleye today.giving up fishing now.had him to the boat and dropped him.must have been all or 29" or better.didnt break the line,spit the hook!!oh well,there is always next week!!!

Jeff,

A "block" would only affect one site...contact your ISP and check dns servers and how they resolve for you...Also, what browser are you using and what excat message do you get when you try walleyecentral?

Jeff,

Great "boat-side-release" on that trophy...No strees to the fish and it lives to be caught another day...silver lining in every storm cloud!!!! :)

good joke magna19.

many years ago i could have really used a " designated decoy" - tough lesson learned. thanx for getting back to me on the trailer wheel bearings. I'm going to check into doing those this winter - I've just discovered some shifter problems and I thought I'd take care of that first.

james d.

greg,i get a website not found,i contacted my isp this afternoon online,left her a e-mail.should get back to me tomorrow sometime.there pretty good for a small town isp.

boatside release,all i would have liked to do was hold it for 1 or 2 seconds,but she swam away pretty quick.defintely no stress on that fish!!went back tonight to see if i could latch into another one,no such luck.but did manage a dozen slammer bluegills and1 perch.my worm rigs are hooking whatever bites on them!it kind of sucks tying them,but in the next few days ill have a little time to tie a few up.these blues been coming out of 15 ft of water,80 degree surface temps too.

oh well,theres always next weekend!!the salmon are moving in a little,60-100ft down over 200ft.about 6 miles out in the lake!!fishable!!if they dont cooperate,the smallies will!!

Jeff,

What browser (and version) are you using?

My vacation last wekk was a "family fishing trip"...wife, three kids, and my mother! Caught a lot of crappies and went Tubing and boat riding and boat riding and tubing...ah, but a small price to pay for my other fishing trips!

Jeff,

try typing in the ip for Walleyecentral.com 209.177.104.19 at the address barr http://209.177.104.19 That will tell us if it is a dns server problem...if we get no response.

im running 5.5 internet explorer.tried diffrent settings,returning back to default,no good.didnt hear back from my ip yet.but its early.

did you try the IP address in the address bar?

i just did,it went through,im in!!!!finally!!now i got a lot of reading to do!!thanks bud

but i cannot get into the message board even when i type he ip# in.oh well,you win one,loose 2

Jeff,

Tonight, if your ISP doesn't cost you "by the minute" for it or the telephone...go to microsoft.com and download all the critical updates to you operating system and to IE5.5 (don't get IE6 yet).

im going to download the updates later tonight.i downloaded a few updates before.i dont get charged by minute so i can stay online forever if i want.

i definitely dont need ie6.i had it for 30 min,deleted it out.caused more crap then i care to say.

i know i need service pack 2 i think it said.later tonight ill be doing that.with a dial up its slower than a ranger with a 8 hp merc on it.

i know,i have one!!along with an evinrude also on the same boat!

A merc and a Rude on the same boat...what next...Dogs sleeping with Cats...Oh My it's the Apocolypse...the end is near...my eyes....my eyes...I can't see....oh well gues Com Ed tried cashing that check I sent....Wee...these are neat drugs that the Doc gave me for my 'fection!!!!

yes they are good drugs!!

yes a merc and a rude together!!hope they dont think about breeding there!!i would hate to see what would come out of it!!but hey got a eagle and zercom(hbird)on the boat also!!

im not brand loyal!!!

Latest posts

Back