911 CDC Engine Heigth and Performance

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daryl Ganske

Reaction score
I just bought a 2001 911CDC with a 225 Merc EFI, 10" Slidemaster manual jackplate,25P Merc Tempest Plus 3 blade prop. I am just checking out the setup and was wondering if anyone could suggest a good starting point for the prop shaft distance below pad for best all round performance? I am just starting to get used to the way it runs but just wanted to see if any of you have suggestions to improve it. I am not sure if this is common with big boats like this or just my setup, but when I am running about 40 or so, the front of the boat seems to want to bounce up and down a lot when I slow down a little bit or am running at a constant speed just cruising. If I speed up, or lower the trim a bit the boat seems to settle back down an quits going up and down. When I stop, it wants to bounce if I don't lower the trim. If I tuck the engine trim back down just before I stop, it seems to eliminate the hop. Is my jack plate heighth causing this or is this normal? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

First of all, before you start moving the plate up or down, you need some seat time and learn how to drive the boat and get used to it at wide open throttle (WOT). Bass boats are setup to perform best at WOT. Then post some numbers you are getting and someone will be able to tell you if you actually do need to move it.

Your other issue is called porpoising and it is normal and common. 40mph is not going fast enough for that rig and it will cause it to bounce. A good cruising speed is probably at about 55 mph for that boat. To correct it you need to trim down (like you are) and this will help keep the nose down at low speeds, but you will eliminate it by speeding up. get up around 50-60 and there will be no issues.

I am sure you will love your Nitro. I know I do.

DChance

Start at 3 1/2" below pad.Watch your

water pressure I would think once u get

the driving down you will raise your engin.

Don't let water pressure get below 12.:)

Thanks Guys! You're right, I just need to get more used to it before I go messing around with it. My 16' 8" didn't porpoise like this one does.

I think you need to buy more stuff to put in teh compartments up front :)

None of my 911's porposed that bad....esp at speeds near 40MPH

Latest posts

Back